Forum suggestion: A way to ensure new people read the TCF rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolgum15

Spazmatism
I watch Omnir's Nostalgia pack thread, recently in that thread, i have noticed MANY double posts (4). This is quite an annoying occurrence, because new people don't read the rules.

I propose, that when a new person reads the rules when they create an account, they take a small quiz(1-3 questions) that ensures that the person read the rules.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

I feel as if this is in the wrong area...

EDIT: Wouldn't some people just choose what the most likely answer is? It wouldn't ensure as such, perhaps just makes people think about basic forums rules.

I propose, that when a new person reads the rules when they create an account, they take a small quiz(1-3 questions) that ensures that the person read the rules.
I'm not sure what you mean. Do they take the quiz after they read the rules, or when they first create their account, or what? Since it seems to be the first, I don't think that'd work. I doubt that most people that disobey the rules have even read them in the first place, and adding a quiz to a thread that they haven't read and aren't planning on reading isn't gonna change that.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do they take the quiz after they read the rules, or when they first create their account, or what? Since it seems to be the first, I don't think that'd work. I doubt that most people that disobey the rules have even read them in the first place, and adding a quiz to a thread that they haven't read and aren't planning on reading isn't gonna change that.
I'm guessing, that they would take the test after they claimed to read it.

This forum has rules?
wiguAHH.png

Honestly I think a small quiz would be fine. Maybe not because of the double posting -- but just as a general precaution. However, on the other hand -- I don't think it's necessary either.

This forum has rules?
wiguAHH.png

Honestly I think a small quiz would be fine. Maybe not because of the double posting -- but just as a general precaution. However, on the other hand -- I don't think it's necessary either.
My point was to mention a frequent issue that would be solved with this, thanks for the feedback.

There is a Xenoforo plugin that auto-merges double posts. That might be a more elegant solution if the only issue here is double posting.

Never noticed -- I don't typically double post if I can help it. If TCF already has it though, how is double posting even an issue that prompted the OP's suggestion? I'm missing something here.
Hang on, lemme check. Please no hate people, this is for testing.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424815489][/DOUBLEPOST]Le test

A quiz wouldn't cover all of the rules - it couldn't and be feasible.

Honestly, the big rules around here are covered in the cultural themes. If you follow those, the worst you will fall afoul of the rules would be some technicality...which won't be a big deal. :)

I'm a new user. I would like to say that I read the rules, not firstly of course, but when I saw them. Before that, I had already understood the basic rules of the forums. The edicate of everybody was evident and I surely knew that if I wanted to be a part of this community, I would have to be thorough and intelligent with my postings. Not that I'm normally not...

A quiz wouldn't cover all of the rules - it couldn't and be feasible.

Honestly, the big rules around here are covered in the cultural themes. If you follow those, the worst you will fall afoul of the rules would be some technicality...which won't be a big deal. :)
Alright then, I would appreciate it if this thread was locked/deleted, (deleted would be nice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom