PC Found Server Error

Vykad

Terrarian
Hi guys, some days ago I opened a terraria server using the "TerrariaServer.exe" to play with a friend, which worked perfectly. We were able to play and had no problem. Now, like 8 days later when I try to join my server I get the error "found server". My friends can join but I can't.

My ports are forwarded, I don't use and don't wanna use hamachi. My firewall is configured. The game works perfectly, only the multiplayer doesn't work. I already searched on Google and forums a solution but nothing worked. As I said my friends can connect so my server works.
In these 8 days I did not touch the server nor my modem so I really don't know from where is comming the error.
  • I tried to restart my computer : it didn't work.
  • I tried to start my server on a other port : it didn't work.
  • I tried to repair the game with steam : it didn't work.
In the join menu I accidentaly wrote my ip but with the false port and got the same error. So I think it's like my server doesn't exist to the game.

I hope someone will be able to resolve my problem because I tried everything I know.

It worked! Thanks! The problem was simpler than I thought.
But do you know why localhost or 127.0.0.1 don't work ? Last time I joined my server using localhost and it worked perfectly fine, moreover the Host&Play doesn't seem to work. If you have the answer it would nice. Anyway, thanks you for the help. :)

I think Host & Play is for local internet only, i usually connect to my own server with 127.0.0.1 but not through host & play

I think I can't use Host&Play because the default IP it use is 127.0.0.1, in other words : localhost. But why do I need now to use my actual IP and not the 127.0.0.1 one ? How did the change occured ? I don't really understand how all that works.

Back
Top Bottom