FTL players unite!

Now then ladies and gentlemen. I must tell you my tale of anger, glory, and sheer :red:ing bull:red:.
I was going Red-Tail (Kestrel B) on the quest to save the galaxy (just one of my hobbies).
:red: was cash yo.jpg
Then I had my fight with the Flagship.
IT KEEPS HAPPENING.jpg

HE HACKS MY OXYGEN, LIKE A :red:HEAD.
After those shenanigans, I was nearly dead, but I managed to jump away to the base in hopes it would choose a less important system.
I still have PTSD.
AGAIN.jpg

[Sighing Uncontrollably]
[Crying]
Please give me a moment, I'm still crying over this.
And thus, my legend came to an unexpected and :red:ty end.
crying.jpg

Rest in pieces, you glorious bastard.
Anyone have similar nightmares?

First of all, put your Slug at helm. Don't question it. Just do it.
Second, getting Oxygen Lvl 2 before Flagship saves your bacon when your O2 gets hacked.
And since you have hacking, you could just hack the Flagship's Hacking Bay to counterhack.
And yeah. You had a terrible weapon combo, but hacking Shield could have made your life much easier.
Those are the things you can learn from the screen shots you took here. Take a good note and try it again!

First of all, put your Slug at helm. Don't question it. Just do it.
Second, getting Oxygen Lvl 2 before Flagship saves your bacon when your O2 gets hacked.
And since you have hacking, you could just hack the Flagship's Hacking Bay to counterhack.
And yeah. You had a terrible weapon combo, but hacking Shield could have made your life much easier.
Those are the things you can learn from the screen shots you took here. Take a good note and try it again!
Damn. I was told to keep Rockmen at helm, as they have the higher HP, so you lower chances of losing your Pilot.
Also, Weapon Pre-Igniter happened that run, which made it very fun :D
But yes, I'll keep trying and hope I get better someday.

The main reason why Slug gets to man the helm 100% of the time is Slug's perk.
"Immune to Mind Control"
You know what really sucks in Advanced Edition?
Your pilot getting mind controlled and your evasion dropping to 0%~20% without getting a hit in your engine or piloting.
Plus, you really don't want to risk fighting your skilled piloting crew as a stray shot from an enemy ship MAY kill your said crew. It's not fun.

The main reason why Slug gets to man the helm 100% of the time is Slug's perk.
"Immune to Mind Control"
You know what really sucks in Advanced Edition?
Your pilot getting mind controlled and your evasion dropping to 0%~20% without getting a hit in your engine or piloting.
Plus, you really don't want to risk fighting your skilled piloting crew as a stray shot from an enemy ship MAY kill your said crew. It's not fun.
Thanks, I hope my next run goes marginally better <_>

I have all the ships exept the crystal cruiser. My favorite moment was having 1 health and killing the flagship.[DOUBLEPOST=1414300694][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mainly play:
Kestrel B: Oh god how I do love starting with four lasers.
Stealth B: Suiciadal as all get out, but praise based Glaive Beam :redspin:

Engi A: Drones are fun.

And a lot of mods + modded ships, and a few I've made on my own. :cool:
What type of ships do you make?

I just had a near dream set up.
It was triple Lanius boarding strat on Mantis C.
I was lucky enough to find 2 Abandoned Sectors, but wasn't able to get 4th Lanius.
Sigh. One day I will promise you. I will get quad Lanius boarding team.
Throw in Lvl 3 Hacking on the O2 system for additional salt on the enemy ship!

In my past FTL career, I have run into some great set ups.

062CE94197F18B053D6D8E0F5C29EC9BDCD64BC9

5B48DF3438C2EC8A75354BB54C9DB4B8F585DEFF

0A55ED2C5F2E42E485E642D55C0064D6BABF8AEF

461D1171DCC63FE351E5C1CA6E713E7C08E487AC

BONUS
3128D769D09FE1B454FBEC6D26E2EDD714618ACD

This happened in Sector 2
2014-11-16_00001.jpg

I then ended up getting, 6 crew, a Zoltan shield, unlocking the Zoltan Cruiser, and made it to sector 5 and only died because I couldn't break level 2 shields.

Fans of FTL and people who are looking for good music while studying or working, Ben Prunty, the composer of FTL soundtracks, is releasing a new album at his Bandcamp on December 8th.
It is named Color Sky.

Ben Prunty said:
Color Sky was written as a response to the many, many FTL fans telling me they listened to the FTL soundtrack while they worked or studied. I hope this album gives you a similar level of deep enjoyment. Listen to it while you work, study, drive, or travel.

Album is not out yet, but you can pre-order it now to get three existing tracks for this wonderful album.
Give it a listen! I know what I'm getting for Christmas.

The Rockmen are getting smarter...
Running Rock Ship B in Rock Controlled Sector.
A missile hits my engine room and starts a fire. Then, two Rockmen teleports into my ship and heads STRAIGHT into my burning engine room.
Killed my fun run too.
What have we learned? Don't go to Rock Controlled Sector at all.

Drones/Asteroids are the bane of my existence when I don't have shields on the Stealth Ship.
image.jpg

I was playing like an idiot because I really needed shields, hence the 107 scrap.

The dream.
gczaJQi.jpg

lTnlXQv.jpg

fafa0Qi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom