Game Mechanics Gambling 🎰😎

Deservioli

Terrarian
So a little backstory for this one. so one day when i made a new world on terraria i remember that it is not “fun” to get money in the early parts of the game. Thats why gambling would make a great addition to terraria. So how it would work is that you bet in roulette or a slot machine. And if you win you win big, but if you lose you lose. I think it also would be great if you could bet money you don’t have so those who have little money (ingame) can win big. If you were to be so very unlucky that you go in the negatives you would have to pay with everything you’ve got. So you would lose housing and items. By housing i mean the houses you have a bed in. And if this isn’t enough to pay the debt you would either have to earn money to pay it off or live underground for a while. I also think this would be a great learning opportunity for people so they learn about the risk and rewards of gambling.

That, combined with how I've gambled with roulettes and slot machines in other videogames and it usually tends to be really boring and grindy.

I think if you could find a way to make it more interesting outside of a punishment though, then it could be a more worthwhile suggestion.
If the odds of winning is very high at the beginning/if you bet little money, but for each time you win/bet more money it decreases slowly. The best part about gambling is winning right? But if you leave the table with a huge amount of money all npc would be more friendly to you and would say how good you are at gambling. Then you would want to bet more and this is when a offer is made 50/50 chance of 5x the value of all the money, items and houses you have. If you lose this you pretty much screwed for a while because you would have to live underground. But if you win you would be set for generations of terraria characters and you could buy all the luxury minecarts, jewelry and pearls.

So a little backstory for this one. so one day when i made a new world on terraria i remember that it is not “fun” to get money in the early parts of the game. Thats why gambling would make a great addition to terraria. So how it would work is that you bet in roulette or a slot machine. And if you win you win big, but if you lose you lose. I think it also would be great if you could bet money you don’t have so those who have little money (ingame) can win big. If you were to be so very unlucky that you go in the negatives you would have to pay with everything you’ve got. So you would lose housing and items. By housing i mean the houses you have a bed in. And if this isn’t enough to pay the debt you would either have to earn money to pay it off or live underground for a while. I also think this would be a great learning opportunity for people so they learn about the risk and rewards of gambling.
This could give players a gambling addiction tho. Just saying.

And drinking in the game can give people an alcohol addiction in real life.
No. There is a difference. No alcohol enter's the IRL player's body when they drink in terraria. However, the addictive stimuli gambling causes can activate electronically. This is why gambling games are often rated Mature

No. There is a difference. No alcohol enter's the IRL player's body when they drink in terraria. However, the addictive stimuli gambling causes can activate electronically. This is why gambling games are often rated Mature
So every dice roll is gambling? Do people get addicted to gambling with the goblin tinkerer?

So they couldn't let the Angler or Princess die due to age ratings, but they somehow got away with keeping the Goblin Tinkerer in the game?
Edit: ninja'd..
So every dice roll is gambling? Do people get addicted to gambling with the goblin tinkerer?
The goblin tinkerer is a gray area. It has less of the gambling stimuli than normal because, once you reforge all your equipment to maximum, there is nothing left to "win", removing the drive to return that is a characteristic of a gambling addiciton

And to @Jackiethederg , every RNG event is not gambling. For example, take the RoD. You don't have to actively choose to do it, as it is just a passive event that can happen from killing a chaos, and there is no cost to it. And, as stated above, once you win, there is no "I could win again" drive to go back. Gambling is more active than simple RNG. However, some loot box type events in other games have been cracked down on, such as the EU's lootbox crackdown (See here: Europe is ready to crack down on loot boxes and exploitative game mechanics)

This sounds pretty miserable. If it was just a function for gaining or losing money, maybe. But if it can also strip you of blocks, items, and structures when you lose and all you get for winning is money, that would be absolutely awful and nobody would do it. No support from me.
You could only loose 100% of what you have but you could win 100000% of what you have.

Back
Top Bottom