PC game crashes after ~30 min of gameplay (singleplayer&multi)

tanihu1

Terrarian
After im playing for about 30 min the game crashes and steam also crash down.
after reloading the game any game play that i made in the past 5-10 min (singleplayer) is gone. and im back in the point i were 5-10 min ago.
sory for my bad english..

I have a similar problem, after 15-30 min, when i trying connect to any server or trying save world, game and steam crashing without any log. Problem has actually for patches 1.3-1.3.0.4

Last edited:
i am having the same exact problem. problem started day one of the 1.3 patch. any fix yet? I trie verifying game cache on steam and it continues to say 1 file could not be verified. (this may be the problem but i have yet to figure out how to fix this.)

Need a ton more information guys - hardware specs, situations that cause the crashes, etc.

Otherwise it is impossible to track down whatever the issue may be.

Need a ton more information guys - hardware specs, situations that cause the crashes, etc.

i've got a really :red:ty alienware mx14 the only time it crashes is either after exiting a singleplayer world during it being saved or entering a new world right after exiting a world. I also had it crash a few times while just standing around in world for around 30 minutes. (everytime i save and exit the game crashes without fail)

Last edited:

Hard/Sorf
Intel core i5 2x2.40GHz

Ram. 4Gb

nVidia GT330M, graph. mem - 1024
DX10.1

Win7 Home Premium x64
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
After patch 1.3 game crashes has been very rare, sometimes when i try "Save & Exit"
After 1.3.0.3 crashes has been regulary, after 10-30 min. of game, when I'm fishing, dig, or just ride on minecart. Also ater 2nd-3rd saves.
I move some very important accessories, weapons, e.t.c from my old word to new expert and sometimes when i trying save & exit, game has crashing and all loot than i move to the new world has been lost.
As i lost alot of rare loot this troble has become very actually. I can't game cause i don't know all my progress will saved or won't.

Have you guys downloaded 1.3.0.4? Does this still occur?

Having the same trouble when game load something, world or players, sometimes even while in-game, it's pissing me off because i get it really frequent, only today i crashed about 20 times
I'm using version 1.3.0.4 running on a PC with
Pentium Dual Core 3.0 GHz
GT430
8 GB Ram
Also have some available memory on HD
Win7 64x With SP1
No crash log

Also happened in 1.3, but it was rare, now it's like every minute, nothing like that happened in 1.2

Last edited:
I have been having the exact same problem since I updated to 1.3.0.4, but not in previous versions. After about a half an hour of playing my game will freeze for about a second and then instantly shut down, with steam subsequently crashing as well. What i'm doing in game doesn't seem to be a factor as it has occurred while doing anything from killing crimson enemies to mining desert fossils.

My system specs are:

Operating system: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.7 GHz
8 GB of ram
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 SE

The game has also crashed a few times whilst saving and exiting, and loading worlds, with steam also crashing in this situation as well.

This happens to me every hour. I just log out then log back into my profile and it starts working again. But it is really annoying.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436613453,1436613399][/DOUBLEPOST]It happens after I enter and exit worlds several times, then the game freezes and crashes.

I am also having this problem, but only when i use cheat engine to speed up moving and mining. worked perfectly on 1.2,
quess its not really a problem with the game, but a problem with cheat engine.

Upon another crash, my save file corrupted and so did the Backup save ;/
Goodbye 50+ hours of building and mining :/

Last edited:
Always keep hard backups guys. It's so easy to do on PC. I literally have 10 redundant backups of my Terraria stuff....including on external storage.

.bak is nice - but not infallible if a crash or power outage or whatever occurs at the wrong time.

Passing all of the info along to the team so keep it coming :)

Mine crashes at random normal situations in game. More often while clicking Play button while selecting a Character and the World. Game crashes while switching those more often.
Now game crashes while sorting chests.

Terraria 1.3.0.4

Always keep hard backups guys. It's so easy to do on PC. I literally have 10 redundant backups of my Terraria stuff....including on external storage.

.bak is nice - but not infallible if a crash or power outage or whatever occurs at the wrong time.

Passing all of the info along to the team so keep it coming :)

Backups is a good, but playing without crashes is better :merchantwink:

------------------------------------------------------
Well, now i have error window.

Attachments

• crash.png
    crash.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
I have been having the exact same problem since I updated to 1.3.0.4, but not in previous versions. After about a half an hour of playing my game will freeze for about a second and then instantly shut down, with steam subsequently crashing as well. What i'm doing in game doesn't seem to be a factor as it has occurred while doing anything from killing crimson enemies to mining desert fossils.

The game has also crashed a few times whilst saving and exiting, and loading worlds, with steam also crashing in this situation as well.
This has been happening to my installation of Terraria as well, and only since the .4 hotfix.

At first I figured it was only happening on certain world seeds, but no matter how many worlds I generate, they always either crash after playing for a while OR when exiting the game - it seems to write the savefile correctly and uploads it to the Steam cloud, but then it just crashes to desktop, taking down the Steam client in the process.

The game also crashes when moving from a pre-1.3.0.4 world to a new world, generated after the latest hotfix, 100% guarantueed. Starting Terraria and immediately going to a new world will work fine.

At first I figured it had to do with cloud-saving (since it mostly crashes when either saving the data or accessing a world on loading), so I generated a new world without moving it to the Steam cloud, played around a bit and then exited the game, with the result that the game immediately crashes on exit while writing the local savefile. So it makes no difference whether the worldfile is stored locally or externally.

The only exceptions I've noticed:

- Enter a world for a very short time and immediately exit - it will shut down just fine
- Both of my pre-1.3.0.4 worlds seem to be doing fine and I can switch between them as often as I want
- Randomly, Terraria will shut down gracefully, even when having played for more than a hour

So... Rollback to 1.3.0.3 please?

Last edited:
I've been having the same problem. I noticed it doesn't happen as often when playing multiplayer, but maybe I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom