Xbox One Game crashes and freezes at stardust pillar

Tortilla_wrld

Terrarian
So I play on Xbox one, and every time I go to fight the stardust pillar my game crashes, it freezes and makes an annoying buzzing sound for about 5 seconds, then kicks me off my game. It’s getting really annoying because I can’t even go in that area or it does it. How can I fix it? I read something about if you go to a certain direction your game freezes but I dunno, just help please.

So I play on Xbox one, and every time I go to fight the stardust pillar my game crashes, it freezes and makes an annoying buzzing sound for about 5 seconds, then kicks me off my game. It’s getting really annoying because I can’t even go in that area or it does it. How can I fix it? I read something about if you go to a certain direction your game freezes but I dunno, just help please.
Hi there @Tortilla_wrld, welcome to the forums. :)

I’m sorry to hear you’re having these issues, it sounds frustrating. If you haven’t already, I recommend sending in as much detail about this straight to Pipeworks, the console developers, here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Some things that may be a workaround:
  • Try disabling the map from the main menu. (You won’t be able to use your map, but maybe it’ll allow you to defeat the pillars, then you can turn it back on)l
  • See if another one of your characters can enter the pillar area. If so, gear it up and have it defeat the pillars.
  • Approach the area slowly, when it changes backgrounds and music and pillar enemies spawn, stop approaching. Bring those pillar enemies back to non-pillar area and kill them. Keep doing this until you’ve killed the required amount of enemies and the shield is down (you’ll stop seeing the red trail from the enemies to the pillar when they die). Then try going straight to the unshielded pillar and killing it.

Back
Top Bottom