PS4 Game Crashes when going to western side of map.

(Title correction: eastern side)

Made a brand new character today. Made a new large map.

Everything is fine. However, whenever I try to go as far right (eastern) as possible (in the ocean), my game will crash.

I figured the map was glitchy. I deleted it and made a new large map, but the same thing happens with new large map. When I played about a year ago this never happened.

Help?

Last edited:
I've deleted worlds, all data, and re-installed twice now. The only other thing I have not done is delete my character (which is new and I had just made yesterday). I haven't tried this on small/medium worlds.

The numerous amounts of bugs and crashes from this game is one of the reasons I did not purchase the Nintendo Switch version. It's really disappointing to see this game still plagued by all of these issues.

Ok, well now it doesn't happen anymore.

What I did was make a small world, went to both edges, no crash.

Went back into my large world and instead of walking across the water I dove in and swam. No crash this time on either map edge.

(Title correction: eastern side)

Made a brand new character today. Made a new large map.

Everything is fine. However, whenever I try to go as far right (eastern) as possible (in the ocean), my game will crash.

I figured the map was glitchy. I deleted it and made a new large map, but the same thing happens with new large map. When I played about a year ago this never happened.

Help?
I've deleted worlds, all data, and re-installed twice now. The only other thing I have not done is delete my character (which is new and I had just made yesterday). I haven't tried this on small/medium worlds.

The numerous amounts of bugs and crashes from this game is one of the reasons I did not purchase the Nintendo Switch version. It's really disappointing to see this game still plagued by all of these issues.
Ok, well now it doesn't happen anymore.

What I did was make a small world, went to both edges, no crash.

Went back into my large world and instead of walking across the water I dove in and swam. No crash this time on either map edge.
Thanks for sharing this @DragoFireheart. Interesting that it doesn’t do it on small worlds. That might be good info for the development team, you can help them with all your info.

If you haven’t already, I suggest sending this info directly to Pipeworks (the console developers) here:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/terraria/index.html
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form (Another link in case the first is closed)

You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.

Back
Top Bottom