Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When the update first came out my game wouldn't even launch, then I was able to fix it by turning quick launch on in the config.json file, but now it is crashing whenever I click play on any character. I have tried everything I can think of (verify game files, re-install, remove all workshop items, disable antivirus, delete players/worlds, etc...) but still nothing is working. I also tried re-installing .Net framework 4.0 but the crash still happens.

Attachments

• client_crashlog.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 64
Still not working on 1.4.4.6, tried all of these things on 1.4.4, 1.4.4.1, 1.4.4.2, 1.4.4.3, etc... still getting the same errors...

Understand you mentioned you removed all workshop items, but is there any chance you've still got some mods or resource packs saved and in use? Are you using a non-English language? (I ask because the crash log (thanks for including!) mentions an issue with text.)

Understand you mentioned you removed all workshop items, but is there any chance you've still got some mods or resource packs saved and in use? Are you using a non-English language? (I ask because the crash log (thanks for including!) mentions an issue with text.)
I did try removing my mods, but this was on an older patch (1.4.4.2 I believe) and I am using English. I think the problem has something to do with XNA but I'm not sure what I can do to fix it.

There may be a leftover file from a previous installation that is causing the issues.

To try testing out if this is the case, go to your Steam installation folder for Terraria (May be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria) and rename the Terraria folder to something else entirely, like "TerrariaBackup".

Then verify the integrity of the files again via Steam, as you previously tried. If this leftover file was still there, this will not reinstall it, and if that was the cause, it should be fixed.

If you can try that out and let me know how it works or not, we can follow up from there!

There may be a leftover file from a previous installation that is causing the issues.

To try testing out if this is the case, go to your Steam installation folder for Terraria (May be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria) and rename the Terraria folder to something else entirely, like "TerrariaBackup".

Then verify the integrity of the files again via Steam, as you previously tried. If this leftover file was still there, this will not reinstall it, and if that was the cause, it should be fixed.

If you can try that out and let me know how it works or not, we can follow up from there!
This worked, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom