Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hey there! So, I just downloaded the new update today, and going into it I have a few problems.

To start, the language of the game itself changed, and it also created a new world with the name in the same language. I haven't played it in a few days, and I know nobody has gotten to my pc other than me, so it seems this was a product of the update.

On another note, it also seems I literally can't play the game. I tried to place torches in the game and click things, but whenever I do, it literally opens the map for the world. I can't edit settings, move inventory items, or use highlighted items in my hotbar. I don't know if this is just a quick fix, but it would be wonderful if someone could help me out here. I just started a new world (because I tend to do that when I get bored with other games and want to play terraria), and it didn't do this when I created it and the corresponding character as well.

Like I said, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out here, as I am aware it could definitely be a problem that I unknowingly caused somehow. Thanks!

You're using Windows 10 so it's not surprising you're having issues just trying to play a game.

First things first to check if this isn't some strange rare bug:
1. Is your GPU driver up to date?
2. Have you made a new world to ensure it's not just issues with your current worlds/Have you tried a fresh install of the game? (always back up your world/character files)
3. Did you try "verify integrity of game cache" on Steam to make sure there are no damaged or missing game files?

Please try clearing your configs:
1. Go to C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\My Games\Terraria
2. Rename or delete the file "config.json"
3. Rename or delete the file "input.json" or "input profiles.json"
4. Start Terraria

This will clear your Terraria settings and keybindings. Terraria should first prompt you for a language to use. You may need to check the Settings afterwards to set your preferred options and keybindings.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Added alternative input config file.

Last edited:
As Sigma said, this sounds very specifically as if your config.json and input profiles.json have been (somehow) tampered with. Whether it was a bug, or changed some other way by accident, the solution is the same.

Deleting the two files he indicated will allow Terraria to reset its settings to default, which should resolve these issues!

Please try clearing your configs:
1. Go to C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\My Games\Terraria
2. Rename or delete the file "config.json"
3. Rename or delete the file "input.json" or "input profiles.json"
4. Start Terraria

This will clear your Terraria settings and keybindings. Terraria should first prompt you for a language to use. You may need to check the Settings afterwards to set your preferred options and keybindings.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Added alternative input config file.

This worked wonders. Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom