Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Can This Be run on a mac using an application called crossover?
Yes but the downgrade feature (the program's main use) is not functional and hasn't been since the release of terraria 1.3. On top of this there has been virtually no word from the developers of gamelauncher regarding any sort of patch for 1.3. Currently, I think the only way to use the program to its full functionality is if you acquire 1.2.4.1 version of terraria through non-legal means and run it through that. Gamelauncher does get pissy if you attempt to install it to a non steam copy of terraria but there are ways to work around this. Something along the lines of puting the old version of terraria into your steam common folder to make it think you have it on steam. It worked for me some time ago but who knows if it still does.

Edit:

I just confirmed game launcher downgrade feature working with 1.2.4.1 with tconfig on downgrade 1.1.2 if you were curious. The bit I mentioned about the aquired old version having to be in your steam folder is false, you can have it anywhere. I can only assume everything else works. If you are using crossover to play terraria then you should have to do no more than install gamelauncher with crossover as well.

Last edited:
Could you add more mod compatible Terraria versions? Like, 1.2.4.1 and early 1.3 (1.3.0.1-1.3.0.5)?

I doubt its gonna happen anytime soon ;( Eikster is MIA for a couple of months already. maybe he will show up and update, maybe he's busy, who knows.. I hope he's fine tho ;p. :)

How do I uninstall this?
Just go to Terraria in your steam library, right click it in the list of games, hit properties, go to local files, and click on verify integrity of game cache. Make sure you backup any files in your Terraria folder (C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/terraria, not my documents/my games/terraria) that you don't want to lose (for example, a custom wavebank). You won't lose any worlds or characters, it'll just revert Terraria back to the vanilla game.

Just go to Terraria in your steam library, right click it in the list of games, hit properties, go to local files, and click on verify integrity of game cache. Make sure you backup any files in your Terraria folder (C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/terraria, not my documents/my games/terraria) that you don't want to lose (for example, a custom wavebank). You won't lose any worlds or characters, it'll just revert Terraria back to the vanilla game.
But, I deleted the Game Launcher thing in the Terraria folder and named the TerrariaOriginalBackup folder to Terraria! Will that make a difference?

But, I deleted the Game Launcher thing in the Terraria folder and named the TerrariaOriginalBackup folder to Terraria! Will that make a difference?
It shouldn't matter what you do. If anything's screwed up, or if Game Launcher is still popping up, just verify the integrity of the game cache. It looks for files that either don't belong or have been changed, and it deletes those and retrieves the default files, so there's no way that you can :red: your Terraria folder up beyond repair. And if worse comes to worst, you can always just completely delete your Terraria folder and reinstall the game.

It shouldn't matter what you do. If anything's screwed up, or if Game Launcher is still popping up, just verify the integrity of the game cache. It looks for files that either don't belong or have been changed, and it deletes those and retrieves the default files, so there's no way that you can :red: your Terraria folder up beyond repair. And if worse comes to worst, you can always just completely delete your Terraria folder and reinstall the game.
How do I backup my stuff?

Untitled.png
Reinstalled Terraria, reinstalled GL, launched Terraria through Steam. Nothing works. Pls halp.

Eikester, I would like to ask you something. Are you still working on 'Gamelauncher', have you taken a break or did you totally stop working on it?
If you have already answered this somewhere else (like facebook or twitter) then I am sorry for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom