Items Game Master Melee Sub-Class:

NeoPhantom

Skeletron Prime
Game Master Melee Sub-Class:

Yo-yo's are fun if a bit samey when doing a full playthrough with them. So how about we spruce up their game style with a second game-type melee weapon and consider them a subclass. (Well, third if you count Boomerangs as a one as well, though that one just needs a couple post-plantera weapons)

Tops are weapons which the player shoots at enemies and remains spinning for some time until it comes to a full stop. It can have damage if it hits an enemy when it’s shot, but its main feature is constant damage while it’s spinning on the ground. As time passes or when it hits enemies, it slows down until it eventually stops completely and despawns. As it’s speed lowers, so too does its damage. Later Tops can also have added effects, such as having a whirlwind or whirlpool surround the top or be formed on top of it.

Like the Yoyo, there could be accessories made to circumvent these details such as:

Spin Track: to prevent loss of speed over time
Performance Tip: to prevent loss of damage over time
Launcher: to increase its initial shot range & knockback.
The three can be combined into a Top Mod Kit to have all these effects.

Well, the yoyo could also have some love with some new hardmode accessories in to add to its set:

Weight Disk: that lowers the flight time loss when it hits an enemy from 1/3 to 1/9.
Bearing: that prevents flight time loss when string is in contact with blocks.
Forge Disk: that nullifies damage penalties while string is in contact with blocks.
These three can also be combined into the Yoyo Mod Kit.

We could also add some accessories that can affect both item types:

Axle: that increases the flight time of Yoyos and Tops.
Spacer: that increases the size of Yoyos and Tops.
Response Pads: that increases the velocity of Yoyos and Tops.
Combined into the Old Gen Gamer’s Mod Kit.

(Yes, I did indeed research different parts that are used to customize yo-yo’s and tops while thinking of this)

Let’s not leave the other game item in the game without love (yes, I mean Golfing).

Explosive Golf Ball: explodes when it comes into contact with an enemy or when it stops moving completely (effectively making it so that this ball only allows holes-in-one).
Warping Golf Ball: teleports the player to the ball when it stops completely (allowing the player to easily continue playing golf or travelling using golf as a medium).
Illuminant Golf Ball: shines brightly. Nothing fancy, but still quite useful in both golfing and exploring.
Heavy Gold Ball: inflicts damage and high knockback on enemies hit, falls very quickly but doesn’t move horizontally very well.[/JUSTIFY]

I also had the idea of marbles, but the Yo-yo’s effectively do what the marbles would’ve done.

Last edited:
Forgive the aesthethic as its the first time Ive used the forum’s tools for this purpose (on phone no less).

Also the fact I posted this in Items instead of Equipment…

Back
Top Bottom