Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
My game randomly crashes while doing something like mining or killing a boss or just running around doing nothing

My Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10500H CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Installed RAM: 8 GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
(Not sure if I did the specs part correct)

It said something about Razor Chroma and can be disabled in the config files so I did that and I'll come back with an update if it still continues
Still happened

Edit 1: Apparently I forgot to disable some other stuff as well

Edit 2: I will disable them again and if it still happens I'll reply to this post

Attachments

• Log_20221010000702502.log
    184 bytes · Views: 58
Still happened

Edit 1: Apparently I forgot to disable some other stuff as well

Edit 2: I will disable them again and if it still happens I'll reply to this post
It was going well for a while and then it crashed again this time I looked at logs and it said

Error Logging Enabled.
Resolution changed to: 1920x1080.

I will again try to find a fix for it and if I do I will reply to this post

Does it happen only on a specific world, or any? and if so, how long have you been playing on the world (At least a few days, or a brand new world)? (I'm trying to figure out if I'm having a similar issue, or should make a new report)

Thanks CoreFinder1. Unfortunately the logs don't say much; no error / stack trace was recorded. If the error is only happening on one world, can you please attach a copy of the world to your post? (If the forum says the file is too big, you can put it in a ZIP file first.) Sometimes in the past, invalid world generation such as a Demon Altar atop a Rolling Cactus can cause Terraria to crash without recording an error.

@Leinfors is there anything else that could be tried to capture the error?

Does it happen only on a specific world, or any? and if so, how long have you been playing on the world (At least a few days, or a brand new world)? (I'm trying to figure out if I'm having a similar issue, or should make a new report)
I kept making new worlds and it still happens

A bit late on the response here, but I'll try to inquire about what could be done here to find new information on the issue.

@CoreFinder1,

Its very unclear what is causing the crashes, but there are a few things that can be done to rule out some possibilities.

1. Run Terraria/Steam as admin.
2. Make sure that none of your antivirus programs are blocking Terraria. You can either temporarily disable them to test this, or you can add Terraria to the whitelist for any AV programs you have, including Windows Defender.
3. Ensure that the Documents/My Games/Terraria folder is NOT set to "Read Only" in properties

@CoreFinder1,

Its very unclear what is causing the crashes, but there are a few things that can be done to rule out some possibilities.

1. Run Terraria/Steam as admin.
2. Make sure that none of your antivirus programs are blocking Terraria. You can either temporarily disable them to test this, or you can add Terraria to the whitelist for any AV programs you have, including Windows Defender.
3. Ensure that the Documents/My Games/Terraria folder is NOT set to "Read Only" in properties
After sometime it did fix itself I still do not know what was wrong but no more crashing so yay

Back
Top Bottom