Gaming PC help?

If you want a laptop, may i reccomend an HP Pavillion x360? It can run Terraria at 60 FPS, and its portable! It can't play Fortnite, but you can always play that on a console with 60 FPS. Oh yea keyboard and mouse support. Oh yea Super Meat BOI is pretty fun. ALSO it can run Minecraft no problem. Also, recording MP4 on OBS makes some game have something i call "Lagframe" which means it is not smooth, but it was for the player, like i can run Terraria at 60 FPS, but it gets freezy and it's terrible. In fact, i have thrown away a few recordings because of this. Like when i was playing Never Split the Party, i threw that away cause of Lagframe. And i have no clue if Lagframe is my computer's fault or the OBS MP4 thing's fault.
[doublepost=1547741718,1547741644][/doublepost]Also the PS4 is a pretty good controller, you can wire it up, or use bluetooth. And i know there are USB Bluetooth things out there for a non bluetooth thing to use bluetooth.

Also i saw someone play Super Mario 64 on there phone with a PS4 controller once.
It was cool.

God, please do not buy an HP laptop. You will be massively overpaying for incredibly weak hardware not designed for gaming. Laptops are almost never the answer if you don't constantly move around.

If you want a laptop, may i reccomend an HP Pavillion x360? It can run Terraria at 60 FPS, and its portable! It can't play Fortnite, but you can always play that on a console with 60 FPS. Oh yea keyboard and mouse support. Oh yea Super Meat BOI is pretty fun. ALSO it can run Minecraft no problem. Also, recording MP4 on OBS makes some game have something i call "Lagframe" which means it is not smooth, but it was for the player, like i can run Terraria at 60 FPS, but it gets freezy and it's terrible. In fact, i have thrown away a few recordings because of this. Like when i was playing Never Split the Party, i threw that away cause of Lagframe. And i have no clue if Lagframe is my computer's fault or the OBS MP4 thing's fault.
[doublepost=1547741718,1547741644][/doublepost]Also the PS4 is a pretty good controller, you can wire it up, or use bluetooth. And i know there are USB Bluetooth things out there for a non bluetooth thing to use bluetooth.

Also i saw someone play Super Mario 64 on there phone with a PS4 controller once.
It was cool.
Sorry but i'm not getting a gaming laptop.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...yzen-3-laptop-1-tb-hdd-grey-10181702-pdt.html
this should be ok, you mite want to upgrade ram sometime
[doublepost=1548336181,1548336052][/doublepost]
Max price 350 you can go 10 to 20 euro more
you mite want to save up more and get this one
https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=4BA28EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB
[doublepost=1548336261][/doublepost]or this one https://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/laptops-and-notebooks/0008205407-00000001

There's no reason to get an i3 when you could get a Pentium

That depends entirely on what I3 and what pentium.

For instance an I3-6100 made back in 2015 outperforms the Kaby Lake Pentium G4560 which was made in 2017. Generally Pentiums tend to run slower than the I3 line.

The exception is when comparing a mobile I3 to a pentium from the same or newer generation. So in the case where the user linked a laptop with a I3-8130U, yes, it will perform 10-15% worse than the Pentium G4560.

That depends entirely on what I3 and what pentium.

For instance an I3-6100 made back in 2015 outperforms the Kaby Lake Pentium G4560 which was made in 2017. Generally Pentiums tend to run slower than the I3 line.

The exception is when comparing a mobile I3 to a pentium from the same or newer generation. So in the case where the user linked a laptop with a I3-8130U, yes, it will perform 10-15% worse than the Pentium G4560.
I had a 6100 for a while and I regret it deeply. Software updates mean the Pentium is vastly more affordable than the 6100 for the same budget market with almost identical if not superior performance in some instances.

I can see where you're coming from, but the user is looking for a laptop which means all the Pentiums are going to be the mobile variants with far less performance than the 8130U.

I would advise against a Pentium in most circumstances but all in all it comes down to personal choice.

I understand completely, the user made a similar thread in the technical support section I've been helping them there. I personally tried to steer him towards the I5-8250U but I like your Ryzen 5 2500U suggestion.

I understand completely, the user made a similar thread in the technical support section I've been helping them there. I personally tried to steer him towards the I5-8250U but I like your Ryzen 5 2500U suggestion.
ya for cpu i would recommend AMD ryzen but not many prebuilts have them. so if you can find a good price on a laptop with a good cpu that is intel go for that, I still like AMD more tho and would highly recommend when building your own pc

My personal preference has always been Intel since Intel outperforms AMD so long as less than 8 Threads are being used. Since gaming isnt a largely parallel application this translates to Intel being better for games. Though a lot of people who do video editing, photo editing, and archiving prefer AMD since those tend to use as many threads as you can give them since they are largely parallel applications.

So when building it just tends to be "what are using it for and what's your budget." when it comes to deciding what cpu to use.

My personal preference has always been Intel since Intel outperforms AMD so long as less than 8 Threads are being used. Since gaming isnt a largely parallel application this translates to Intel being better for games. Though a lot of people who do video editing, photo editing, and archiving prefer AMD since those tend to use as many threads as you can give them since they are largely parallel applications.

So when building it just tends to be "what are using it for and what's your budget." when it comes to deciding what cpu to use.
I didn't know about the importance of Threads this is good info! I'm glad i made this Thread! :)

Back
Top Bottom