Gemspark Hall of Acheivements

Kym

Spazmatism
Hey all,

Thanks for checking out my first post! Have been building in Terraria for quite a while now but took a couple of years break from the game and came back in the last couple of weeks. New computer though, so all my old creations are gone :(

Needless to say there have been a ton of things added since I last played.. Gemspark blocks, minecart tracks, herb planters, mounts, and all the new bosses.

Gemspark Hall of Achievements
('i' before 'e' except after 'c')

I was intrigued by the gemspark in particular as I had always wanted a wall that was essentially un-textured because I find some builds to be overwhelmed with brick walls etc. For this reason it may look quite simple compared to some, but it's crisp and it's clean. I used to use cloud for almost everything but its transparent-ish nature bugged the heck out of me. I also LOVE that its self illuminating. Its always visible, day and night and you can choose to place your light sources solely for aesthetics, not necessity. Also, you don't end up with those pokey dark corners that your decorations get lost in.. And speaking of lights, who's bright idea was it to add day/night logic sensors? <3

Everything I make is now wired on a day/night logic combo so the lights go on and off depending on the time of day.

Anyway, Its probably old news. Im just a widdle bit behind.

So without further ado, here it is.

At about 5am...
Capture 2016-08-05 21_55_07.png

In the daytime...
Capture 2016-08-05 22_33_45.png

In the absolute dark...
Capture 2016-08-05 21_48_06.png

I havent legitimately collected all the new boss trophys since Ive been back, but now I know what Im looking for hehe!

Feedback etc would be awesome.

Last edited:
That looks fantastic, love the domes. And loving the paintings on top of the tables like pedastools along with the planter boxes in the windows. Very cool.

That looks fantastic, love the domes. And loving the paintings on top of the tables like pedastools along with the planter boxes in the windows. Very cool.

Thanks so much!

I've been playing a lot with combining sprites to create new takes on things. You'll probably also notice the chalice as an alternate vase, and marble workbench/gold pot/blue berries combo too. Only problem is if i accidentally fire a weapon in the house i end up with an inventory full of blueberries hahah!

Todays work: Fixed the gemspark wall on the outer edges of the domes and the base to get rid of the shadow patches.

New and improved Hall of Achievements.

A few changes.
  • Submerged the entire building under the sea. It's now a palace in Atlantis.
  • Added a fully automated mechanical airlock on the left side of the trophy hall.
  • Filled the domes and windows with water
  • A few minor adjustments to textures and colors (carpets, slime banners, background walls etc)
  • Increased the two outer building heights so there is room to walk under the windows and it looks more proportionate

Capture 2016-08-12 12_58_24.png

Back
Top Bottom