Getting back into Terraria comfortably?

Random Fellow

Skeletron
Started a new world a month or so ago, been having a blast and my experience has been different to most worlds. I've built tons of different villages, tried fishing quests, started a railroad to go around the world (currently only leads to dungeon) that I made it in a way where you drop down and ride through the corruption. Made a giant tunnel between the pits leading to the underground skies it gets to the dungeon while looking fancy and helps get around the environment. Lately I've been slowing down on it a bit and have drawn my attention towards games like Nuclear Throne and have drawn interest to buying Noita. Not that I'm not interested or that's a flaw in the game. But my question is: How do you keep yourself hooked? What keeps you from going to other games?

Not one to just rush right through, and I don't play it daily. Just want to know how I can keep myself hooked? I had another playthrough drop off sometime when entering Hardmode and I don't want that to happen again. I guess interacting with the community or trying to figure out what days I have more time to play larger games like Terraria (Really it's the only large game I play) is a good start. Again, what I want to know is: How you stay hooked.

With open-ended games like this one, I actually make it a point to play it "alongside" others. For example, I'm going back and forth from this to Life is Strange: Before the Storm at the moment. It works because the games are so different (with the latter being more story than gameplay). Otherwise, I just cycle through various projects on Terraria. If I'm doing something tedious, like building tunnels or hellevators, I'll throw on a podcast or some music.

With open-ended games like this one, I actually make it a point to play it "alongside" others. For example, I'm going back and forth from this to Life is Strange: Before the Storm at the moment. It works because the games are so different (with the latter being more story than gameplay). Otherwise, I just cycle through various projects on Terraria. If I'm doing something tedious, like building tunnels or hellevators, I'll throw on a podcast or some music.
Thanks! Sorry I didn't see the reply sooner.

It is ok to leave the game to explore others, the thing is, you do need to take breaks from terrari, or you might feel it is just a habbit of playing it an not having much fun, for me i do come back pretty much everyday, but what really keeps me going is the adventure in the game, it is just really fun at times, and most times i may just end up watching people play the game rather playing it, if i get bored myself, i can't quite not like watching people play th game lol

It is ok to leave the game to explore others, the thing is, you do need to take breaks from terrari, or you might feel it is just a habbit of playing it an not having much fun, for me i do come back pretty much everyday, but what really keeps me going is the adventure in the game, it is just really fun at times, and most times i may just end up watching people play the game rather playing it, if i get bored myself, i can't quite not like watching people play th game lol
It's definetly a game you need to take breaks from in between playthroughs and such. If you want to start a new world you gotta have a fresh mindset. I appreciate all the feedback these threads get by the way :)

I'd try a multiplayer playthrough. They're a lot of fun and I actually prefer multiplayer to singleplayer now. Building, fishing, and fighting bosses with other people is pretty chill, although finding the right people for a playthrough can be tough. Some people have full time jobs, some people are in college, this guys in a different timezone, one guy with 13 hours playtime constantly complains that master mode is too hard, some guy rage quits and later rejoins with explosives, one guy quits the playthrough and then everyone leaves and it falls apart, one guy wants to speedrun everything when everyone just wants to play at a slower pace. Multiplayer doesn't always work out but when it does it's great, you just have to find the right people.

I've been trying to learn as much as I can about 1.4.0, but the game keeps evolving rapidly, so it was no easy task. With 1.4.1.2 being the latest in updates, here's a number of things I can suggest. 🤔 🥤
  • Try getting into building or some other kind of similar hobby Terraria allows.
  • Try out some of the Terraria Golf maps made by the community.
  • If you like the world's lore, try filling out the Bestiary, talking to NPCs & piecing the story together.
  • Try visiting some multiplayer servers & see what you think, you'll likely run across some impressive stuff!
  • Lastly, if you have some usual go-to strategies, try something new instead, similar to a challenge run.
It's ok to play other games, other games are the reason I love Terraria so much, because I often get to compare them in odd ways & get some form of inspiration to play the game later, in a much different way. Also, I figured I'd add the things about Terraria that kept/ keep me playing right now, if it helps any?
  • In 1.3.5 it was the PvP servers that kept me active, as I didn't care much for the base game all that much.
  • Also in 1.3.5, I got into building adventure maps & exploration maps. I'll eventually make my own golf course afterward.
  • In 1.4.0+, it's the adventuring. I hated early game in 1.3.5, so this was an overall upgrade in my eyes.
  • Also in 1.4.0+, it's the newer items, I need to learn as much as I can about what we have in 1.4, if I wanna build better maps in the future.
  • Also in 1.4.0+, the newer Vanity Items/ Armor, I like to know the extent of the good cosplay possible with every new update.
  • Lastly, I liked being a source of rare/ obscure information for the game, which is becoming less & less necessary in 1.4.0+, but still fun at times.

Back
Top Bottom