Game Mechanics Give the angler a shop menu post moon lord

Epb7304

Terrarian
to help reduce the grind required to get the items you need if you have not managed to get them already, I suggest that the angler be given a shop after the moon lord is defeated that sells all of his items, perhaps the price could be the quest fish of the day? or have it just be money.

Im against this cause of how fishing works. It's per player, not per world. Secondly it completely takes the fun out of fishing. It's easier to just take a break from the game every 15 minutes to fish for the fish of the day and potion fish/crates/oysters instead.
understandable, but I just want the STUPID pocket watch, not to mention the tackle bag, in my last playthrough it took until post golem for me to get the angler earring, thats with doing quests most days

Have the Angler stand under a palm tree, smack said palm tree, watch the coconut drop on top of the Angler... and he'll forget that you ever did the fishing quest for that day and will tell you to go get another one. And this can be done infinitely in a comical manner.

In all seriousness, that kinda sounds like my own experience; took me until Golem until he gave me ANY of the three components for the Tackle Bag and I immediately shimmered it into a High Test Fishing Line because line breaking is annoying and bad.

I feel like the rate of WHEN he gives you certain quest rewards should increase the more you complete them. Unless that's already a thing, then it's probably not that significant.

Maybe one day we can gather enough people to make the devs feel like they have no option other than to move every single fishing quest reward to some shop screen or some other source that can be accessed with less hair-pulling. Hell, why not give the Angler a shop and gate the available items behind # of fishing quest completions like the Zoologist and bestiary or Golfer and golf score?

Also,
the fun of fishing
Ha ha! Unless it's fishing in a blood moon for a Dreadnautilus at the start of hardmode without making any preparations whatsoever, then it's actually kinda fun.

By chance, did you see the update we made to Angler drops in one of the recent hofixes? It should really help with some of that.

understandable, but I just want the STUPID pocket watch, not to mention the tackle bag, in my last playthrough it took until post golem for me to get the angler earring, thats with doing quests most days
As leinfors mentions, Shimmer is your friend now... Teehee

As leinfors mentions, Shimmer is your friend now... Teehee

Even more recent than that!

TERRARIA 1.4.4.6
PC: (10/21/22)
Mobile/Console: TBD

I. Content Changes and Balance Changes
- The Angler's Accessory Drop Duplicate Protection has been adjusted to make it more flexible and player friendly. Instead of only selectively applying duplicate protection to the 2 triple sets of accessories independently, he now applies the duplicate protection to all 7 accessories, including the Fishing Bobber. If the player has any of the 7 accessories (either in their individual form or their tinkered forms, such as Shellphone) in their inventory, the Angler will always give a non-duplicate accessory whenever he rolls to drop an accessory at all. He will only begin dropping duplicates again once the player has all 7 in their inventory. This will also result in a general increase in the number of accessories he drops.

By chance, did you see the update we made to Angler drops in one of the recent hofixes? It should really help with some of that.
I think people who complain about fishing are more annoyed by the fact that everything about it is so random than anything else. Or at least that's what I heard a youtuber say in a video I watched recently. To wit:
Fishing takes a random amount of time (without very high fishing power and a sizable lake).
The fished item is random.
Crate rewards are random.
You get a random quest.
The quest reward is random.
In inverted seeds you get ocean catches randomly.

Personally I don't care, I hate fishing IRL and I've only ever played one game that had an interesting and engaging fishing minigame (Dark Cloud 2) so I don't go in any game expecting to have fun fishing, but I had that shop idea while reading this thread so I thought I'd add to it. There are other things that could be changed to make the whole fishing experience less random but I don't know if any of the devs have any interest, seeing how they've never changed how fishing works except by messing with how the quest reward is selected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom