Biomes & Nature Giving the new Desert some spice

Although you can just run away if you haven't killed all of them, or lose to the Cultist. My arena for Moon Lord is, unfortunately, right by the Dungeon.
Depends how fast your minions will shrek the cultists xD ANYWAY, will there be a banner for this pre-hardmode Desert changes?

"
68908-0c92ebd4a1957b04e614884003bdf078.jpg
" Thats a Iluminati head?

As is always the case with me, I want parity with my biomes of the same general type. For the Desert, that means I want it to have just as much content as the Jungle, the current frontrunner for natural biome content.

In order to reach that level, the Underground desert still requires

A. A lair of some kind with a Non-hardmode boss. Similar to the Hive. An Antlion Pit with a giant Antlion boss gets my vote.

B. A Hardmode boss, like Plantera.

C. A Hardmode only mini-Dungeon with it's own boss. It seems like the Pyramid could very easily be converted into a Lizard Temple-sized mini-dungeon.

Interesting! But personally I think that the natural brother of the Desert is actually the Tundra biome more than the Jungle and even there things are a lot different.. basically if you think about it the only biome that are related to each other are the Corruption/Crimson with the Hallowed.

Those ideas are cool and I like "simmetry" aswell.. but it would totally feel like a straight copy.. A) Is basically the new pyramid system, having the Antilion Pit sound cool but redundant; B) I tend to agree.. but should have a meaning, like an important drop or simply has to be a piñata of drops (aka new content to create, not that easy to do and if not necessary, avoidable); C) Still the new-pyramid system.. the fact that is pre-hardmode makes it better because is still simmetrycal but in an interesting way, if it was Hardmode the game might feel overloaded and players will get lost.

This post covers only pre-hardmode anyway, the B and C point are not volountarely touched imho.. I'm not the creator of the post anyway, those are just my ideas :)

PYramid becoming a Lihzard like Temple/Dungeon would be so cool!
final room/boss you resurrect a powerful mummy/priest that uses sand magic and whatnot.
I feel like it should be around player size or a bit bigger....
Second form is a giant Sand/storm Monster (like the Mummy with the giant face)

Could contain some stronger Mummy variants, Anubis themed Fighters , Desert Raider/Grave Robber Archers/Gunmen

Agreed. Biomes, mini-or not. should contain enough content to be useful
also I'm in favour of new biomes being underneath others so they change as you go further toward Underworld.

I agree, in a special way. Progression should be like Snow in early HM > Desert at mech-tier > Jungle for Plantera.
Nah, I'd rather see all 3 come alive at the same time. You finish killing the 3 Mech bosses, and then boss spawners(like Plantera Bulb) appear for Snow, Desert and Jungle all at the same time. Each of those drops a key to that biome's mini dungeon(Jungle Temple, Desert Pyramid, Snow Tomb). And killing the boss at the end of all 3 mini-dungeons is needed for the cultists to start spawning.

Back
Top Bottom