NPCs & Enemies Gnomes shouldn't pick up money

Baconfry

Terrarian
One of the more recent updates made Twinkles unable to pick up money since they would delete it upon self-destructing. Naturally this should extend to other enemies that die in a non-standard way, like Garden Gnomes, since they also delete money.

tbh this is an easy change for consistency and the kind I would have just DMed to Leinfors, but I did say that people should post minor suggestions so I'll just take my own advice

This would also apply to Snatchers, Man Eaters, Clingers, and all the mobs that are stuck on a block like that. Because breaking the block deletes them.

This would also apply to Snatchers, Man Eaters, Clingers, and all the mobs that are stuck on a block like that. Because breaking the block deletes them.
Or just make it so they die normally when their block is deleted. The risk/reward of specifically breaking their source block seems fair to me

Or just make it so they die normally when their block is deleted. The risk/reward of specifically breaking their source block seems fair to me
That would require a lot more coding. Plus the fact they are usually reaching through walls such that it is easier to kill them with a weapon than charge at their source block.

That would require a lot more coding. Plus the fact they are usually reaching through walls such that it is easier to kill them with a weapon than charge at their source block.
I'm thinking that Snatcher-type enemies should probably retain the ability to pick up coins because unlike Gnomes, Twinkles, and Chattering Teeth Bombs, their non-standard method of death is something that the player has 100% control over, so the fact that they delete money when deliberately killed in such a strange way is not really a problem.

I'm thinking that Snatcher-type enemies should probably retain the ability to pick up coins because unlike Gnomes, Twinkles, and Chattering Teeth Bombs, their non-standard method of death is something that the player has 100% control over, so the fact that they delete money when deliberately killed in such a strange way is not really a problem.
Ok I agree with that.

Conceded. I actually just tested an hour ago and now their source blocks are unbreakable. I guess that are freed from this suggestion after all. As for the spiky balls and blazing wheels int he dungeons, I don’t think those can pick up coins.
It wouldn't matter anyway because they're invincible.

One of the more recent updates made Twinkles unable to pick up money since they would delete it upon self-destructing. Naturally this should extend to other enemies that die in a non-standard way, like Garden Gnomes, since they also delete money.

tbh this is an easy change for consistency and the kind I would have just DMed to Leinfors, but I did say that people should post minor suggestions so I'll just take my own advice
THEY CAN PICK UP MONEY:dryadindifferent:%-_-:dryadsmile::dryadhappy::dryadgrin::dryadcry::dryadtongue::naughty::):dryadcry::dryadpassionate:o_O:dryadwhat::dryadtongue::merchantsmile::nursecrying::nursesmile::merchantsmile:

Great catch. I had never thought of this, but I'd be really annoyed if a gnome somehow took my money and vanished. I support it wholeheartedly!

Back
Top Bottom