Going to beat moon lord. any tips?

1. nurse just in case
2. spectre/shroomite/beetle/spooky(or tiki). can NOT go without
3.long running board or minecart with tele at end to loop

Sometimes. When the Moon Lord latches on to you with his tongue, a debuff called Moon Bite disables healing from Vampire Knives and Spectre Hood for about 10 seconds. You can outrun this tongue with the unicorn mount and mechanical cart.

No vampire knives then, I've just got the solar flare stuff. Daybreak is safe?
[doublepost=1466953578,1466953476][/doublepost]I have 5 rage potions. 2 lifeforce potions. 5 medium health potions. 10 medium mana potions. will this result?

Take food for well fed,
sharpening stone if melee,
sunflower for happy buff,
ammo box if ranged,
crystal ball if mana,
bed in house next to nurse so you can magic mirror and heal with autopause on, good time to calm yourself
heart lanterns for regen
campfire for regen
honey pools for regen if applicable
mana statues and mana potions if magic
heart statues for health (lots!!)
thorns, endurance and inferno potions (every buff helps)
if ranged a homing weapon such as pirahna gun or chlorophyte bullets is good - every hit counts
celestial stone for added buffs
if yoyoer, have yoyo bag
frostspark boots are great no matter what tactic you use
mana flower if magic
have summoned minions such as frost hydra and minion summoning weapons

I've never gotten to moon lord, but these above tips will help with any boss

It's a lot easier to defeat the moon lord with mage/ranger equipment, especially when using homing projectiles. You can just fly around in your UFO, dodge his crap and just let him have it.

I've defeated him with a melee character, but it involved me hiding under a wall to stop his big beam from hitting me, standing in honey, heart statues pumping out hearts, campfire and heart lantern nearby, holding a Shiny Stone (Golem Expert mode drop), Cross Necklace and I think a Charm of Myths. Drinking a healing potion when needed.
I then basically attacked the Moon Lord's eyes with the Solar Eruption. First I damaged them all to the point where they're near-dead. Then I quickly destroyed all three at once.
Doing it like that saves you the trouble of having all those floating eyeballs hitting you throughout the whole fight.

Then it's just a matter of destroying the heart as fast as you can. If I recall correctly the heart is basically right where you are standing, so you can just use the best shortranged sword you have and let it have it. But the Solar Eruption works just as well.

For some easy nurse help: Build a small house with no doors and with a platform roof. Have the nurse live there and make your spawnpoint there. Every time you use your mirror you can get some healing from the nurse and just fly out of the roof without any risk of getting stuck somewhere.

with all these tips. i beated him. anyway. i used all of my potions and i quite sucked with spider armor. later i used beetle armor and BAM dead. like. solar eruption? no. daybreak is the epicness

Back
Top Bottom