Weapons & Equip - Gravity Staff - Upgrade For The Gravity Globe!

Rexsilion26

Terrarian
My idea is to make the Gravity Globe accessory a material to craft the Gravity Staff.

GRAVITY STAFF

The Gravity Staff would be a magical weapon.
Well, it would function more as a tool actually, as it wouldn't really cause any damage.

What it would do is invert the gravity of the enemy you click on.
Obviously it wouldn't work on Bosses, or Wyverns, or in general creatures that fly, and its mana cost won't allow you to spam its power to get rid of many enemies.

In fact, it would be a useful tool for getting rid of specific enemies during a battle.

And if you click on yourself, you can flip your own gravity.

Not only would it work with enemies, but also with animals and NPCs.

Imagine the following situation:

Okay, I can't imagine any situation.
But it's awesome!

At least it's more fun than the Accessory we have.
I would have fun sending creatures to the sky.

Okay, so what do you think?

This accessory sounds super goofy and fun to use, I can imagine pranking your friends in a server by forcing them to be flipped for a short period of time.

I'm concerned about how it would affect NPC AI though? For anyone who is experienced with programming modded NPCs, would there be an issue here?

I'm concerned about how it would affect NPC AI though? For anyone who is experienced with programming modded NPCs, would there be an issue here?
I don't know. I'm not a programmer or anything.
I only suggest ideas that come to mind and seem fun or interesting.

I always think like this: "Our job is to come up with ideas, making them work is the devs' job."

This accessory sounds super goofy and fun to use, I can imagine pranking your friends in a server by forcing them to be flipped for a short period of time.

It probably depends on how it's done, but I don't think it would break ai too much, at least for basic enemies

The Dirt Rod allows you to select specific tiles to move around. Simply making an entity float upwards doesn’t sound too hard. I do approve of the suggestion. There should be more magic tools alongside the Dirt Rod and Ice Wand.
You made me think that maybe it would be better if, instead of inverting gravity, it allowed you to move NPCs with the mouse.
Perfect for moving them from one place to another easily.
But flipping gravity sounds more fun.

I have an inherent problem with turning an Expert mode accessory into a material, but I'll ignore that for now. I think this is a fine idea. In fact, I don't even think it needs to have a mana cost; making it free is just fine. You don't actually kill enemies with it, just reverse their gravity, meaning that if you send an enemy off-screen with it, they despawn and you don't get any drops, nor any credit for killing it. Since it's only available post-Moon Lord, you don't need to worry about it making any part of the game easier; at this point, endgame weapons (and the Zenith) are available, so you won't have any trouble killing things if you want to.

Back
Top Bottom