Biomes & Nature Grow Giant Living Wood Trees

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
By placing four acorns in a row, and using fertilizer on them, it would grow into a giant living wood tree (like minecraft)!

This would be great for building but would only be possible post skeletron (as the fertilizer recipe requires bones), But it would also teach players that fertilizer exists. And it also forces them to figure out how to get poo since that is also required for some reason.

Note that they would only be able to be created with fertilizer, and would never grow naturally even if four acorns are placed in a row.

Edit: perhaps this could also apply to mahogany trees and mushrooms too (as in being grown into large mushrooms).

Edit 2: To clarify, they would not grow the "root" tunnels that go downward and also would not grow too close to the edges/top of the world to prevent it from going offscreen.

Last edited:
Ooh, support! I would love this for building forest areas even though I'd then have to actuate the whole thing I should post a suggestion for that- or tree houses!

I like this idea, but I think it should have a few tweaks:
1. It doesn’t have roots, to prevent destruction of the world.
2. It can’t grow if to high up in the world. (Such as in space, or the top would be out of view)
3. It should have a different planting method. I think terraria needs to be more unique than Minecraft, instead of copying it. Maybe you can craft an acorn into a living acorn at a living loom? It would look like an acorn with vines growing on it, or an already blooming acorn. EDIT: It should require 20 acorns or something, not just 1.

Last edited:
I like this idea, but I think it should have a few tweaks:
1. It doesn’t have roots, to prevent destruction of the world.
2. It can’t grow if to high up in the world. (Such as in space, or the top would be out of view)
3. It should have a different planting method. I think terraria needs to be more unique than Minecraft, instead of copying it. Maybe you can craft an acorn into a living acorn at a living loom? It would look like an acorn with vines growing on it, or an already blooming acorn.
I didnt even think about the roots part but yea of course. Same with the limits to prevent it going offscreen. But as for the "living acorn", part of this was also to give fertilizer a use

Nice idea. Reminds me though there was something like this - giant acorn maybe? - in a mod before, but I forgot which mod.
By the way if you want to use fertiliser, you still can include it in the recipe of the giant acorn, e.g. craft if with 4 acorns and 1 fertiliser.

Nice idea. Reminds me though there was something like this - giant acorn maybe? - in a mod before, but I forgot which mod.
By the way if you want to use fertiliser, you still can include it in the recipe of the giant acorn, e.g. craft if with 4 acorns and 1 fertiliser.
now this could work. You need to use fertilizer to both craft and grow it? rather than placing 4 in a row like I initially mentioned

I remember that mod! But I don't know the name:confused::p

Back
Top Bottom