Hardmode anticipation/spooked

webkilla

Terrarian
So... I have everything ready: All existing crimson areas cordoned off with glass walls and 3-block empty spaces, my world-tree style mega-treehouse is fortified at least to the point that mobs can't get to my NPCs (wraiths, I know, but I'll deal with that when it happens)

I even managed to grind fishing to the point of getting a cellphone

Now I'm just... part of me really does not want to go hardmode.

I have all the best gear I can get avaliable - night's edge, phoenix blaster, minishark, all kinds of spells and armor...

and yet my body does not feel ready.

Know the feel?

I know this too well. Every world is "I'll do this stuff first then I'll fight WoF," Even though I have the unloseable strategy with beenades and a path I just dont want to do HardMode yet.

I'd go for a good stash of potions, and maybe a giant castle in the sky decked out with explosives.

You can never be too careful.

The same is happening with me...

I already fortified my base and digged around the jungle and corruption to avoid the maximum spreading I can. Now i'm doing fishing quests in search of cellphone materials and crates.

I farmed the queen bee twenty times more or less for cash. Collected several herbs from farming. Reforged my most important accessories to "warding" and my night's edge to "legendary". Looted the entire dungeon and underworld... and I still don't feel ready for HM.

Hmmmm... If you are want some extra time maybe you could fish up a couple of stacks of crates to minimise the demon altar smashing spree in HM.

Other then that I understand where you are coming from, but HM has a lot of new toys to offer... ;)

I was the opposite...

I was so excited to get to hardmode that I literally tried 8 times to kill the WoF..

It seems like you're worried about the spread of biomes. Let me tell you something..

Your huge tree is naturally a barrier to stop the crimson from spreading beyond it. ;)

Oh wait before you go into hardmode make sure you dont have any corruptible backround walls where you made the barrier. Learned the hard way

Hardmode or rather fighting wof has this... impending doom feel. And the world as we knew it, was no more. Indeed, i have the same feel, its simply because it is a action with significant, nonreversable consequencies.

So i try to preserve the old and known for as long as possible, coupled with some paranoira of the spreading biomes destroying things (they do!).

Seconding the notion that you waaaaay overprepared. Not only that, but new spreadable biomes are going to spawn like it or not, and here's the funny part; they aren't going to spread that fast at all, and you'll learn to welcome them as they are the meat of the new content in hardmode. You'll only really want your structures protected, and that's only if you WANT purity. I usually live in the hallow, myself.

Hardmode's not that scary. The new monsters aren't that dangerous, the new bosses aren't really THAT hard with some preparation, and from the looks of it, you got preparation down PAT.

Back
Top Bottom