Hardmode Boss: The Destroyer help

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the Twins are the easiest boss (Yay for correctly incorrect grammar!). For The Twins, do this:

Armor: Full RANGED Adamantite armor
Weapon: Clockwork Assault Rifle
Ammo: 1000-1500 Cursed Bullets (if that is not available, use Ichor Bullets)
Potions: 2 Gravity , 2 Ironskin, 2 Regeneration
Equips: Obsidian Shield, Wings of any kind, Regeneration band, Ranger Emblem, Spectre/Lightning/Frostspark Boots

Tactic: Start the boss fight at the BEGINNING of night. Once one of the Twins appears on screen, press B (or whatever you set the "Buff" shortcut to) start using the wings whilst holding right or left until you can't gain any height; now press up to reverse gravity AND STILL HOLD THE JUMP KEY. From that point, start firing bullets at Spazmatism, and only him! Every now and then, before hitting the Space Biome, press up again to reverse gravity again. Keep doing this until Spazmatism gets to 8000 health, at which point he will go berserk.

Time to switch tactics slightly. From this point, keep doing everything I have instructed you to do, but pick left or right as a direction and KEEP GOING IN THAT DIRECTION. Keep this up until Spaz dies.

If your Gravity potion runs out from this point on, don't reactivate it; you won't need it anymore. Now it is just a matter of shooting at Retinazer until he dies. Once he gets to 6000 health, he goes berserk and starts firing lasers MUCH faster and even faster the lower the health he has.

Now for the Destroyer

Loadout:
Armor: Full MELEE Hallowed Armor (you'll need to beat the twins a LOT of times, about 5)
Weapons: Gungnir, Excalibur, Dao of Pow, Optic Staff (if you have a Black Lens)
Potions: 1 Ironskin, 1 Regeneration, 1 Endurance, 1 Hunter
Equips: Obsidian Shield, Spectre/Lightning/Frostspark Boots, Regeneration Band, Warrior Emblem, Whatever Floats Your Boat
Blocks to place: Campfire, Heart Lantern (lantern should be underground so it's not in the way)

Tactic: Find a relatively flat spot in the world, and place a campfire there. Then place a heart lantern just beneath the surface. Summon the destroyer at the beginning of night, and immediately buff yourself! Use the Optic Staff if you have it to summon the Mini Twins. They will help a lot with the Probes. There is no need to fly here, just stick near the campfire and you will be fine. Use the Dao of Pow as the Destroyer tries to charge at you, the Gungnir when he is submerged underground, and the Excalibur for the Probes if they start to swarm you. Pick up any stray Hearts you find that were dropped by the Probes.

As long as you avoid the lasers (for the most part) and stay near the Campfire and Heart Lantern, you should be able to defeat the Destroyer with at least a little practice!

P.S. This is the LONGEST post I have EVER written. READ EVERY WORD if you want to live!

For me, the Twins are the easiest boss (Yay for correctly incorrect grammar!). For The Twins, do this:

Armor: Full RANGED Adamantite armor
Weapon: Clockwork Assault Rifle
Ammo: 1000-1500 Cursed Bullets (if that is not available, use Ichor Bullets)
Potions: 2 Gravity , 2 Ironskin, 2 Regeneration
Equips: Obsidian Shield, Wings of any kind, Regeneration band, Ranger Emblem, Spectre/Lightning/Frostspark Boots

Tactic: Start the boss fight at the BEGINNING of night. Once one of the Twins appears on screen, press B (or whatever you set the "Buff" shortcut to) start using the wings whilst holding right or left until you can't gain any height; now press up to reverse gravity AND STILL HOLD THE JUMP KEY. From that point, start firing bullets at Spazmatism, and only him! Every now and then, before hitting the Space Biome, press up again to reverse gravity again. Keep doing this until Spazmatism gets to 8000 health, at which point he will go berserk.

Time to switch tactics slightly. From this point, keep doing everything I have instructed you to do, but pick left or right as a direction and KEEP GOING IN THAT DIRECTION. Keep this up until Spaz dies.

If your Gravity potion runs out from this point on, don't reactivate it; you won't need it anymore. Now it is just a matter of shooting at Retinazer until he dies. Once he gets to 6000 health, he goes berserk and starts firing lasers MUCH faster and even faster the lower the health he has.

Now for the Destroyer

Loadout:
Armor: Full MELEE Hallowed Armor (you'll need to beat the twins a LOT of times, about 5)
Weapons: Gungnir, Excalibur, Dao of Pow, Optic Staff (if you have a Black Lens)
Potions: 1 Ironskin, 1 Regeneration, 1 Endurance, 1 Hunter
Equips: Obsidian Shield, Spectre/Lightning/Frostspark Boots, Regeneration Band, Warrior Emblem, Whatever Floats Your Boat
Blocks to place: Campfire, Heart Lantern (lantern should be underground so it's not in the way)

Tactic: Find a relatively flat spot in the world, and place a campfire there. Then place a heart lantern just beneath the surface. Summon the destroyer at the beginning of night, and immediately buff yourself! Use the Optic Staff if you have it to summon the Mini Twins. They will help a lot with the Probes. There is no need to fly here, just stick near the campfire and you will be fine. Use the Dao of Pow as the Destroyer tries to charge at you, the Gungnir when he is submerged underground, and the Excalibur for the Probes if they start to swarm you. Pick up any stray Hearts you find that were dropped by the Probes.

As long as you avoid the lasers (for the most part) and stay near the Campfire and Heart Lantern, you should be able to defeat the Destroyer with at least a little practice!

P.S. This is the LONGEST post I have EVER written. READ EVERY WORD if you want to live!
Ok I will give it a try

Hmm, personally I found the Twins easier, but they became absurdly easy after killing the Destroyer and getting the Mega Shark so I usually go:
  • Destroyer
  • Twins
  • Prime
Anyways, to kill Destroyer, I personally never liked the Melee build for him, Mage is nice but personally I found Ranged the easiest. Get yourself a Repeater and some Jester Arrows/Unholy (only use Unholy if you can't get enough Jesters), pair that with some potions, notably Iron Skin and Regeneration (Gravity can also be really useful for dodging). You probably also have some Archer Potions lying about as well, just fly about with Gravity potions and line yourself up with the Destroyer to maximize your damage and keep an eye on the probes.

Hmm, personally I found the Twins easier, but they became absurdly easy after killing the Destroyer and getting the Mega Shark so I usually go:
  • Destroyer
  • Twins
  • Prime
Anyways, to kill Destroyer, I personally never liked the Melee build for him, Mage is nice but personally I found Ranged the easiest. Get yourself a Repeater and some Jester Arrows/Unholy (only use Unholy if you can't get enough Jesters), pair that with some potions, notably Iron Skin and Regeneration (Gravity can also be really useful for dodging). You probably also have some Archer Potions lying about as well, just fly about with Gravity potions and line yourself up with the Destroyer to maximize your damage and keep an eye on the probes.
All righty then, I will give it a try. :D

Thank you all for helping me out! I finally managed to beat it and i am grateful for all of you guys who helped me out! (A little question: how do I close threads?)

Mostly do it ranger style. But have a spear type weapon (Mushroom Spear is RECOMMENDED!)

Have hellfire or holy arrows with your Adamantite/titanium repeater, have crystal bullets with your clockwork assault rifle and shotgun (it's recommended you have both). Wear pre-mech Melee Armor (ranger is fine but you would want alot of DEFENSE and bonus with your spear).[DOUBLEPOST=1413534772][/DOUBLEPOST]
Jester arrows+ adamantite (preferebly titanium) crossbow+ranged damage ups=win (protip: have at least 1 spider/imp to protect you from probes)
Spiders are more stronger when there IS Walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom