Hardmode Boss: The Destroyer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxBox

Skeletron Prime
So It's my first time attempting The Destroyer of Worlds and I need help. I heard that the destroyer was the easiest of hardmode bosses so I want to know any helpful strategies on beating it. I can only get Adamantite armor so far and nothing else. So if you were going to fight the Destroyer FIRST in hardmode, what would your setup be? Thank you for helping me out!

-J

I'd choose to be a mage. Try and get the golden shower because it's curve works extremely well. If all else fails just look at the guide on the wiki. They always have good strategies.

IF you follow hockeywiz's advice and choose to be a mage, try and get yourself a crystal ball (purchased from the wizard) for them sweet magic buffs.

If you've got Demon Scythe it's still a pretty damn effective weapon even against a Hardmode Boss like the Destroyer. Golden Shower is probably the best one you can get without advancing further, though, not only because of the curve but it pierces as well.

My option would be melee, with a phaseblade. I would also make a box the closes me in, because most of the damage you receive is from the beams not the destroyer itself. Make sure the box is big enough, I would also recommend the usual prep with potions, a campfire, heart lantern, and maybe some heart statues if you can manage it. And you can't really go wrong with a golden shower.

I lost, but i did get it down to 30,000 hp. I just realized that I could farm life fruits in the jungle to get 500hp while fighting it. lolz

Jester arrows+ adamantite (preferebly titanium) crossbow+ranged damage ups=win (protip: have at least 1 spider/imp to protect you from probes)

I did this when fighting it: (This was on mobile though) Just demon sythe. There are probably better methods out there, but I owned the destroyer with it. Thats just me though

My setup is...
-Full adamantite armor
-Golden shower
-warding sorcerers emblem
-warding demon wings
-warding cobalt shield
-warding hermes boots
-warding philosophers stone
-forceful imp staff (for backup)
and potion buffs that you would use for a fight like this.

Also how high up should the platform be for this fight?

My setup is...
-Full adamantite armor
-Golden shower
-warding demon wings
-warding cobalt shield
-warding hermes boots

Just get an obsidian shield, I can't believe you are still using cobalt!

My setup is...
-Full adamantite armor
-Golden shower
-warding demon wings
-warding cobalt shield
-warding hermes boots

After the ground is off your screen maybe 10 or 15 more, so you cant see him for most of the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom