Hardmode Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PootieTang

Terrarian
Fairly new to Terraria (a few weeks) and just went into hardmode for the first time a few days ago.

Ive made 2-3 small map worlds, beat WoF, broken altars and gotten hardmode ores.

I have titanium pickaxe, and full sets of all armor other than adamantite including all varieties of helms to switch up depending on what "class" im playing at the time.

Using mostly an adamantium repeater with hellfire arrows, and a legendary nights edge for melee. I have several magic staffs (cant recall exactly from memory but a fire flower, and SUPER HIGH damage poison staff, and a reforged diamond staff).

Im kinda stuck in a rut. Ive been exploring around, digging, etc, but either the mobs are still too hard with my current gear or I cant seem to find anything substantial to do to progress.

Any general advice would be appreciated, and my specific questions are:

1. What gearset should I be using with regards to armor and weapons. Ive read that even though the defensive stats arnt as good a full Palladium set for the health regen buff over time is best? I take so much more damage in that set I find though....

2. Trying to get crystals for a phasesaber but its going slow. Where to get lg # of crystals? Should I even work towards a phasesaber or something else?

3. Some streamer told me to get frost armor next. Kill ice elementals in snow biome during a storm. Ive done so,...BUT THEY HIT HARD OMG! rofl.....Am I ready for this with my current gear?

4. I need I need to work towards destroyer but...how?

I play every night on PS4 due to resolving carpal tunnel, but also enough on the mend Im starting to get involved in PC which I SO much more enjoy the controls and additional content. If anyone is interested in playing some earlyish hardmode stuff look me up!

Any other general hardmode advice/etc appreciated :)

PSN: P00tie-T4ng-OG

Steam: rucking_fet4rd

1. Yes, Palladium Armor set bonus is the best thing ever, it is only outclassed by Titanium Armor with its dodge-like bonus.
2. It's not worth it.
3. There a couple tactics to kill him even with pre-hardmode gear. Checkout the wiki for them. terraria.wiki.gg
4. You need to use it's summoning item: the Mechanical Worm. Also I suggest constructing a suitable arena for him.

P.S. Terraria wiki is the best place to learn how the game works, how to progress and other general terraria-related stuff. Use it every time you need help ;)

Anything over 60 defense means the Destroyer will be doing almost no damage to you, therefor to make it an insanely quick fight hook up a goldfish statue during a bloodmoon and spam for a KO Cannon, if you use it directly next to the Destroyer I estimate you will be doing about 200 damage a second.

Anything over 60 defense means the Destroyer will be doing almost no damage to you, therefor to make it an insanely quick fight hook up a goldfish statue during a bloodmoon and spam for a KO Cannon, if you use it directly next to the Destroyer I estimate you will be doing about 200 damage a second.
Eh, any piercing weapon is better for the destroyer honestly. The KO Cannon only hits one segment at a time. The poison staff is fine, jester arrows with a titanium/adamantite repeater are better. Golden shower is also pretty great, because it matches the natural curve of the destroyer pretty well, letting you pierce many segments at once.

1. Don't know, i had adamitite armor.
2. Phaseblade? Psssshhhhh! Get the dao of pow, and, if you don't have that, try to get a beam sword or TRUE nights edge. But, if you can't get THOSE yet, farm spiders and get the spider summoner set, it helps at the start.
3. Actually, you need to kill ice golums, not elemental. If you want to kill them, throw sticky bombs at them until there stuck in a pit, works for me.
4. Well, if you make a platform high enough off the ground, he can't even reach you, so you can shoot through the platforms and you only have to deal with his probes (Which the spider queen is good for.). And a repeater with jester arrows can hit multiple segments at once, and that helps a lot.

hope this helped! Goodluck

For the Destroyer:
Farm some mimics and get the Cross Necklace. Get Jester's Arrows, wich pierce enemies.. I'd also recommend using the Titanium Armour.
For the arena, try to get as much health regen as possible. Craft a Campfire and a Heart Lantern, put a small puddle of honey down, and if you have a heart statue, wire it to a One-Second Timer.

Also, take any good potions you can get. Ironskin and Regeneration is good.

With this you an pretty much stand still and let the Destroyer go through you. (But try to move a little bit :p)

Eh, any piercing weapon is better for the destroyer honestly. The KO Cannon only hits one segment at a time. The poison staff is fine, jester arrows with a titanium/adamantite repeater are better. Golden shower is also pretty great, because it matches the natural curve of the destroyer pretty well, letting you pierce many segments at once.
The killer aspect of the KO Cannon that makes it so great is that it reloads INSTANTLY after dealing its damage. That means the firing speed is proportional to the ratio you hit the opponnent, not the firing speed. Due to the Destroyer's lack of dodge ability, it is an optimal boss for the thing. Also any sword is basically fine due to the fact it will probably hit multiple times thus achieving a positively insane DPS

The killer aspect of the KO Cannon that makes it so great is that it reloads INSTANTLY after dealing its damage. That means the firing speed is proportional to the ratio you hit the opponnent, not the firing speed. Due to the Destroyer's lack of dodge ability, it is an optimal boss for the thing. Also any sword is basically fine due to the fact it will probably hit multiple times thus achieving a positively insane DPS
I still think anything piercing is going to be better for the destroyer. When you can potentially hit 5-6 times with every attack, you are going to deal a whole lot more DPS, no matter how fast the KO Cannon reloads.

I still think anything piercing is going to be better for the destroyer. When you can potentially hit 5-6 times with every attack, you are going to deal a whole lot more DPS, no matter how fast the KO Cannon reloads.
I refuse to use magic weapons besides the Dagger.

I refuse to use magic weapons besides the Dagger.
Who ever said piercing weapons had to be magic? You could use meteor shot, jester arrows, swords, spears, or flails. It just seems like there are so many Melee weapons that can multi-hit. The KO Cannon is actually one of the few that don't.

airly new to Terraria (a few weeks) and just went into hardmode for the first time a few days ago.

Ive made 2-3 small map worlds, beat WoF, broken altars and gotten hardmode ores.

I have titanium pickaxe, and full sets of all armor other than adamantite including all varieties of helms to switch up depending on what "class" im playing at the time.

Using mostly an adamantium repeater with hellfire arrows, and a legendary nights edge for melee. I have several magic staffs (cant recall exactly from memory but a fire flower, and SUPER HIGH damage poison staff, and a reforged diamond staff).

Im kinda stuck in a rut. Ive been exploring around, digging, etc, but either the mobs are still too hard with my current gear or I cant seem to find anything substantial to do to progress.

Any general advice would be appreciated, and my specific questions are:

1. What gearset should I be using with regards to armor and weapons. Ive read that even though the defensive stats arnt as good a full Palladium set for the health regen buff over time is best? I take so much more damage in that set I find though....

2. Trying to get crystals for a phasesaber but its going slow. Where to get lg # of crystals? Should I even work towards a phasesaber or something else?

3. Some streamer told me to get frost armor next. Kill ice elementals in snow biome during a storm. Ive done so,...BUT THEY HIT HARD OMG! rofl.....Am I ready for this with my current gear?

4. I need I need to work towards destroyer but...how?

I play every night on PS4 due to resolving carpal tunnel, but also enough on the mend Im starting to get involved in PC which I SO much more enjoy the controls and additional content. If anyone is interested in playing some earlyish hardmode stuff look me up!

Any other general hardmode advice/etc appreciated :)

PSN: P00tie-T4ng-OG

Steam: rucking_fet4rd
Please add me on xbox360 need help! EasyKiller93 hardmode #Terraria #help

Who ever said piercing weapons had to be magic? You could use meteor shot, jester arrows, swords, spears, or flails. It just seems like there are so many Melee weapons that can multi-hit. The KO Cannon is actually one of the few that don't.
Any sword does too.

welp i guess after this being my 50th time physically trying to beat her myself on multiple worlds now twice in my main one lol kinda about to just say Eff this game i never come across any of the so called rare very rare items Barely ever , lol even with my gear . i guess asking for help to beat a boss on the games Main Forum was a no brainer . lol apparently it was to much to want to enjoy the events of a possible pumpkin moon and frost moon lol .. Fml ...- Mastershake9669 (xbox gamer tag)

welp i guess after this being my 50th time physically trying to beat her myself on multiple worlds now twice in my main one lol kinda about to just say Eff this game i never come across any of the so called rare very rare items Barely ever , lol even with my gear . i guess asking for help to beat a boss on the games Main Forum was a no brainer . lol apparently it was to much to want to enjoy the events of a possible pumpkin moon and frost moon lol .. Fml ...- Mastershake9669 (xbox gamer tag)
I don't entirely understand your post... Which boss are you having trouble with?

erm hes not easy .. i got him half dead though so far with just my true exalibur and a few magic tomes just dont have any other useful potions an that doesnt help me . an anyone to help me kill it cant do damage lol .. or other bosses like Skelitron prime they steal the souls from me which i Need ..... .just need help to kill planterra an get the drops an im happy .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom