Biomes & Nature Hardmode Jungle Spread

stormconure

Duke Fishron
(Note: this is an alternative option to MegaMage314's Save the Jungle thread. Though I fully support Save the Jungle, I'm just suggesting another possible solution to the same problem.)

The Jungle is probably the biome with the least defense against corruption/crimson in the game. Here is why:
1) Desert, Ocean, and Ice may be susceptible, but rather than being destroyed they fuse, forming a whole new biome.
2) Hell and Hallow are completely immune.
3) While Forest may be extremely susceptible, purifying it simply turms it back into Forest. With jungle, the fact that mud is turned to dirt makes it so purifying a corrupted jungle just makes another forest.
4) As stated previously, the jungle is the only biome that can't be turned back through purification; it is instead turned into forest.

So basically, if you want to revive a corrupted jungle, you will have to make a new one. And nobody likes doing that, right?

Here is a possible solution to that problem: upon activating hardmode, jungle grass has a "moisturizing" effect on blocks around it. Grass up to 2 blocks away is converted to Jungle Grass, and dirt 1 block away is converted to mud. Only the jungle grass block can do this, not tall grass, normal mud, or anything else plantwise that grows in the jungle. It all happens at the rate of preHM Corruption spread.

This would take a little stress off the player; the jungle will likely grow before the corruption even reaches it, and when purified, it will eventually turn back into jungle.

What do you think?

Last edited:
i usually just get hallowed solution with a clentaminator and spread the hallow around the jungle because it doesn't take over

I'm not sure how I feel about this idea, it makes the jungle another spreading biome (which I'm not a fan of), but it would only spread to dirt and grass. It would make the jungle easier to restore, but it would probably take a really long time to undo damage (That last part would be easy to fix if a jungle solution was added...)

I'm not sure how I feel about this idea, it makes the jungle another spreading biome (which I'm not a fan of), but it would only spread to dirt and grass. It would make the jungle easier to restore, but it would probably take a really long time to undo damage (That last part would be easy to fix if a jungle solution was added...)
Like i said, this was only a backup for if the devs decided not to implement your idea. Even i personally like your idea much better, but this seemed like something the devs were more likely to put in, considering they seem to like to make things hard for the player (which can be a good thing).

Also, if im not mistaken, green solution can actually put jungle grass on mud. Thought i saw that on the wiki, not 100% sure though...

Like i said, this was only a backup for if the devs decided not to implement your idea. Even i personally like your idea much better, but this seemed like something the devs were more likely to put in, considering they seem to like to make things hard for the player (which can be a good thing).

Also, if im not mistaken, green solution can actually put jungle grass on mud. Thought i saw that on the wiki, not 100% sure though...
It will turn mushroom grass into jungle grass, but I meant a solution that turns dirt into mud and any grass into jungle grass.
Also, I imagine the jungle being destroyed by corruption was just an oversight that they forgot to change in 1.2... and all of the following updates...

It will turn mushroom grass into jungle grass, but I meant a solution that turns dirt into mud and any grass into jungle grass.
Oh, ok i sidnt know that.
Also, I imagine the jungle being destroyed by corruption was just an oversight that they forgot to change in 1.2... and all of the following updates...
I sure freaking hope so. But if that isnt true, I made this thread as a backup like i said before.

Making a new thread as a backup for an idea that you openly admit is better... is quite unnecessary. Instead, show your support for MegaMage314's thread. Convince the developers to take the better solution.

I do prefer an actual corrupt jungle, but this change would help restore already destroyed jungles. Always thought it was weird how jungle becomes corrupted forest.. if you ask me, it feels more of a mistake than a feature.. anyway, anything that can help save the jungle gets my support. Seeing how the spread is similar to pre-hm corruption, the spreading mechanic would mostly be for repairing the jungle than expanding it.

I do prefer an actual corrupt jungle, but this change would help restore already destroyed jungles. Always thought it was weird how jungle becomes corrupted forest.. if you ask me, it feels more of a mistake than a feature.. anyway, anything that can help save the jungle gets my support. Seeing how the spread is similar to pre-hm corruption, the spreading mechanic would mostly be for repairing the jungle than expanding it.
Exactly my intent. Making a jungle that with help, can autorepair itself, then expand to prepare for future corruption encounters.

everyone just needs to surround the jungle with hallow then shut up about it being corrupted too easily
It was never stated that the player is supposed to surround the jungle with hallow, the only way a person would know ahead of time would be to see it on the wiki or the forums. And for people who have corruption spawn right next to the jungle or even inside the jungle, there would be no way for them to get rid of it before most of the jungle is already gone.

It was never stated that the player is supposed to surround the jungle with hallow, the only way a person would know ahead of time would be to see it on the wiki or the forums. And for people who have corruption spawn right next to the jungle or even inside the jungle, there would be no way for them to get rid of it before most of the jungle is already gone.
well instead of just sitting there and watching the jungle get overun by the crimson/corruption you can surround it by hallow and it wont do a thing

well instead of just sitting there and watching the jungle get overun by the crimson/corruption you can surround it by hallow and it wont do a thing
Even so, there should still be a way to get around it. Say you break an altar and it spawns a corruption blocm right in the middle of the jungle? Even with hallow, that can get out of hand before you even realize it.

You won't be able to do that unless you have a clentaminator, and even then it's still a lot of work to fix a problem that has no business being in the game. There's was no reason for the corruption to have the ability to destroy the jungle in the first place. That "feature" doesn't add anything to the game, it just makes the game more tedious and frustrating.

there is a problem with that you may or may not have noticed but using the clentaminator with blue solution on jungle grass turns it into hallowed grass... the same way the corruption and crimson destroy the jungle...
sort of like using lava to put out a forest fire....

there is a problem with that you may or may not have noticed but using the clentaminator with blue solution on jungle grass turns it into hallowed grass... the same way the corruption and crimson destroy the jungle...
sort of like using lava to put out a forest fire....
but the hallow doesn't spread to the jungle

but the hallow doesn't spread to the jungle
correct in that regard its fine the issue is it still damages the jungle in the same way Corruption and Crimson when spread by the Clentaminator do so you need to keep an unaltered buffer zone and let it spread naturally.
I learned this from personal experience :( I miss my Jungle...

I almost always have a corruption in the jungle, and on my last playthrough, the stripe of corruption generated through my jungle :l
I know your pain in the world I chose for my main the crimson cut through my jungle forcing me to destroy half of it to save the rest...

Back
Top Bottom