Console Has anyone EVER picked up a wyvern banner on console?

ED209

Plantera
Hi,

So, I've got loads of ARCH wyvern banners, but I've never had one single "normal" wyvern banner. Anyone else finding this?

Thanks

I DO seem to have picked up a single banner at some point, so I guess it's possible to get them. I haven't really tried to get them though.
20160715_183425.jpg

Hi,

So, I've got loads of ARCH wyvern banners, but I've never had one single "normal" wyvern banner. Anyone else finding this?

Thanks
I can personally confirm that every enemy banner from pre-1.3 can be obtained without glitching, at least on the 360. I did get several arch wyvern banners before I got the normal one, so apparently it's not an uncommon issue.

It's odd; I think the console-exclusive mobs' banner get prioritised over the "normal" ones. I've had the same issue with orca banners instead of sharks, spectral elementals over chaos elementals etc.

As long as they exist it's OK. I didn't want to farm for something that's not on console...

Got one!! I left my wyvern farm running for an hour while I went tot the shops and when I got back there it was. Now if only these enchanted swords would drop one of theirs...

I'm a bit curious what your wyvern farm looks like. What method do you use to kill them? Traps? Summons?

As for Enchanted Swords banners, build a Rod of Discord farm and you will get them for free! :)

I'm a bit curious what your wyvern farm looks like. What method do you use to kill them? Traps? Summons?

As for Enchanted Swords banners, build a Rod of Discord farm and you will get them for free! :)
I basically copied the one @HappyDays made out using minecarts, but I added super dart traps as well as flames in order to speed the kills up.

I was using an RoD farm; I farmed 6-7 rods and not one sword banner. However, one dropped a few days ago so it's all good. The only banner I'm missing is the shadow hammer (I've got the cursed hammer one).

Last edited:
Well, I have been running my underground multisurface farm (DicemanX) for days, and have only ever gotten a single Cursed Hammer banner. As for Shadow Hammers, they don't seem to drop anything at all. They certainly don't drop any hardmode bars, like the wiki says.

But maybe I've just been unlucky.

Well, I have been running my underground multisurface farm (DicemanX) for days, and have only ever gotten a single Cursed Hammer banner. As for Shadow Hammers, they don't seem to drop anything at all. They certainly don't drop any hardmode bars, like the wiki says.

But maybe I've just been unlucky.
I've not been paying attention to them; I juststart a farm and then go and do something else. I didn't even know there were two types of hammer until a few days ago.

If you're talking about the farm I think you are, I had to dismantle mine because the jungle grass kept corrupting. Have you got a pic you could upload?

Sure, it's based on the Ultimate Mob Autofarm.
msf_spawnsurfaces.jpg
The surfaces are as follows (top>bottom):
* Sand
* Jungle (Mud Blocks)
* Snow
* Mushroom (Mud Blocks)
* Pearlstone (Hallow)
* Ebonstone (Corruption)
* Crimstone (Crimson)

Last edited:
Got one!! I left my wyvern farm running for an hour while I went tot the shops and when I got back there it was. Now if only these enchanted swords would drop one of theirs...
Yeah...the enchanted sword banners are pretty sweet. Definitely in my top 5 favorites.

I just tried farming for a Toxic Sludge banner. I have the Nymph banner, she dropped it on our first encounter. Still looking for the Shadow Hammer one...

Back
Top Bottom