PC Heart statues don't have a heart drop cap during the halloween event.

LekkoBot

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Heart statues normally have a limit of 3 hearts nearby the statue and then the statue stops producing hearts. However if you are in the Halloween event the hearts are candied apples and the statue produces an unlimited amount of apples. I didn't test this during Christmas but I assume the same problem exists there as well as the hearts are changed to candy canes.
Capture 2020-08-09 16_44_15.png

sorry about the low light

The problem persists in 1.4.4.9. I'm playing on the everything seed multiplayer (Windows 10). It's not Christmas nor Halloween.

1673301027785.png

I can also confirm this still happens on 1.4.4.9. I'm playing singleplayer on Windows 10, on a normal world seed, no seasonal events. This is a fairly regular occurance for me in any world where I set up a few heart statues near each other; I've seen it happen many times.

I feel like it happens if I get near enough to the statues to drag the existing hearts away a little, but don't actually pick them up. And then I look over a bit later and they're spitting out several additional hearts. But I'm not sure if that's actually the case or a coincidence.

In the case of this world here, I have 3 heart statues and 3 star statues rigged up to a 1/4 second timer.

1687236455662.png

I've given this a test, but was unable to reproduce spawning more than three hearts (or candied apples or candy canes), even with multiple statues. Could someone please share a world that shows the issue? Thanks!

I'm unfortunately struggling to manually reproduce the issue where the statues spawn several, one after another. I'll keep an eye out for it and see if I can figure out any more details, as I'm sure it'll come up again once in a while as I play (this has been an ongoing issue for me for more than a year).

I did, however, make a video where I managed to get more than 3 hearts/stars to spawn at a time, by dragging some of them a short distance away from the statues. This is not the original issue exactly, but I'm guessing it's related, and it shows that there's definitely something funky about the way the hearts/stars spawn.

Here's my world file, although as far as I know it's occurred in any world where I've set up these statues (in any arrangement, not always like this).

Attachments

• Quartet.wld
    11.9 MB · Views: 21
Heart statues only allow 3 hearts within 18.75 blocks, 6 hearts within 50 blocks and 10 hearts in the entire world, you simply moved the hearts more than 18 blocks away. This check is also very simple and at least to me doesn't look like it has any bugs.

Back
Top Bottom