Items Heavyweight Potion

FairyPrincessSerenity

Empress of Light
Minor suggestion.

What this would basically be is the opposite of a featherfall potion. You would fall faster than normal and holding w would make you fall at normal speed.

Crafting recipe

1 Bottled Water
1 Daybloom
1 Blinkroot
1 Iron/Lead Bar

= 1 Heavyweight Potion

Crafted at the appropriate alchemy station.

I have to give to support for this, because it follows the theme of "everything has an opposite", which seems very prevalent in terraria. I always loved that aspect. Bravo.

If you make it that you take no fall damage while falling faster than normal, support because COOKIEZ and it'll actually have a use.

I don't think there's that much issue of it being usable only in one situation. And the situation it is used for is at least what a lot of people are familiar with, and go through a lot.

Personally, I never bothered with featherfall, night vision and even hunter's pot(don't start an argument about how those are useful, I just said I don't use them is all). Obviously it didn't stop Red from adding them in the first place. I think the niche for this pot is fine.

Perhaps, as an addition, this can reduce knock-back(by a percentage or complete null)? It makes for certain kind of logic, and that one will definitely be of some use.

I can use it. I spend ages plummeting from orbit when I get bored. Also, this:
If you collide with an enemy while falling with this potion active, it should transfer your fall damage into the enemy.

This could also maybe still work with wings.
I would support if I can stomp my enemies to death with a well-timed orbital strike. Maybe if you jump up a bit, allowing you to combo?

Why in the world would I need to fall(die ) faster? Especially in pre HM
Like Bacon stated besides belle actors there kinda useless. :/

Why in the world would I need to fall(die ) faster? Especially in pre HM
Like Bacon stated besides belle actors there kinda useless. :/

If you collide with an enemy while falling with this potion active, it should transfer your fall damage into the enemy.

This could also maybe still work with wings.

If this was added, then it would have a use, even in hardmode.

I can see some use for this in terms of mobility when fighting bosses like the Duke or the Twins. Imagine combining Featherfall and Heavywheight potion and you can either fall slowly or insanely fast.

I forgot I made this suggestion. Heh.

Here's what lead to my suggestion. I was getting really irritated by space gravity at the time, because I was working on a structure in the sky. One missed jump too many was the straw that broke the camel's back and I put the suggestion together. So aside from the obvious faster travel down hellevators, these potions would naturally negate space gravity.

Back
Top Bottom