Mobile HELP!! 403. That's an error. Error: disallowed_useragent (Amazon Kindle Fire 8 HD)

Got my sons new Amazon Fire 8 HD tablets for Christmas. I can't sign into Google Plus to access cloud saves for Terraria. This is the error I get with Terraria via the Amazon app store:

403. Thats an error
Error: disallowed_useragent
This user-agent is not permitted to make an 0Auth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent.

We've bought Terraria thru the Amazon app store & thru Google Play (Android). I tried installing the Google Play Store and all those needed APK files and using the Terraria from Google Play.

First, after all the google stuff was installed, i tried to login again in the Terraria that came from Amazon app store. Still got the 403 error.

Then, I downloaded Terraria from the newly installed Google Play store on the Amazon Fire and ran that one. I'm able to sign into that Google Plus account for that version of Terraria on the Fire, but it doesn't recognize it as being bought already. My only option is to play the trial or buy the full game. When I select to purchase the full game, it takes me to a sketchy app w a bunch of Asian characters & Terraria screenshots on the Play Store. However, option to purchase whatever in the world it is is grayed out "Item Currently Unavailable". I feel like I am going insane. My kids have invested a lot of time into their Terraria characters and don't want to lose their saved progress. I have no clue what to do, please help!

Got my sons new Amazon Fire 8 HD tablets for Christmas. I can't sign into Google Plus to access cloud saves for Terraria. This is the error I get with Terraria via the Amazon app store:

403. Thats an error
Error: disallowed_useragent
This user-agent is not permitted to make an 0Auth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent.

We've bought Terraria thru the Amazon app store & thru Google Play (Android). I tried installing the Google Play Store and all those needed APK files and using the Terraria from Google Play.

First, after all the google stuff was installed, i tried to login again in the Terraria that came from Amazon app store. Still got the 403 error.

Then, I downloaded Terraria from the newly installed Google Play store on the Amazon Fire and ran that one. I'm able to sign into that Google Plus account for that version of Terraria on the Fire, but it doesn't recognize it as being bought already. My only option is to play the trial or buy the full game. When I select to purchase the full game, it takes me to a sketchy app w a bunch of Asian characters & Terraria screenshots on the Play Store. However, option to purchase whatever in the world it is is grayed out "Item Currently Unavailable". I feel like I am going insane. My kids have invested a lot of time into their Terraria characters and don't want to lose their saved progress. I have no clue what to do, please help!
Hi @mrscodiroberts, there is a known issue with the amazon version and the 403 error. I’m not sure if a workaround was put into place or not. The mobile version has a new update on the horizon, so it may be that the developers are hoping to include a fix for this issue with the new update, I’m not sure.

In the meantime, here is the info I know about this: Can't login to Google to access cloud saves. You’ll see in that thread that at one point there was the possibility of being a guinea pig for a workaround. That was some months ago, I’m not sure if they are still doing that or if we just need to wait for the new update (no estimate for when it’ll be out).

For the Google Play version, see this article and see if it helps: https://support.505games.com/en/sup...ed-to-repurchase-it-on-the-google-play-store-

I am having the exact same issue is there a known work around or is this just a bug that no one's going to bother to fix? Ty

I remember when you don't need to log in to Google plus (that don't work with kindle fire) to get cloud saves with kindle fire. I'm trying to help with this issue by giving ideas so the mods know a way to fix this issue. This is my idea: make it not need Google plus and use Amazon cloud (or whatever it's called).

Wed, Feb 20th.

Is there any workaround or update on the way for Amazon users? It sucks to just loose everything I had.

Back
Top Bottom