PC Help my charater is replaced with a blank character

KaturanSitcom

Terrarian
I have a character named spoon which I created after the 1.4 update who is a journey mode character. When I open up the game, on the character select screen it has a blank character with no name instead of spoon. I checked the character files and the .bak file was missing. I put it back because it was in the recycling bin but every time i open up the game it deletes spoons .bak file again. Please help i don't know what to do :(

Naruto, this doesn't really help though. I understand that you want to convey you're sad about Katuran's issue, but unless you have some comments on how to help then it's better if you use the "sad" emoji as a "like reaction" instead of making a post.

@KaturanSitcom, I'm sorry, I don't know of a solution or workaround for you issue. Another report that sounded similar to yours was someone saying that they had a blank character in the player menu, and when they tried to delete the blank character all of their characters got deleted.

I have a character named spoon which I created after the 1.4 update who is a journey mode character. When I open up the game, on the character select screen it has a blank character with no name instead of spoon. I checked the character files and the .bak file was missing. I put it back because it was in the recycling bin but every time i open up the game it deletes spoons .bak file again. Please help i don't know what to do :(
So try changing the .bak file to the.plr file, and it should help fix it, and make sure to delete the previous.plr file.

I don't think anyone can help you at this point, since the damage has been done.
To counter problems in the future, make sure you shut down the game properly when not playing (through the menu, not Alt+F4 etc.) and don't let your PC go into standby mode when the game is running. Not saying you do these things, but I've been noticing that some people do.
And make manual backups once in a while.

Naruto, this doesn't really help though. I understand that you want to convey you're sad about Katuran's issue, but unless you have some comments on how to help then it's better if you use the "sad" emoji as a "like reaction" instead of making a post.

@KaturanSitcom, I'm sorry, I don't know of a solution or workaround for you issue. Another report that sounded similar to yours was someone saying that they had a blank character in the player menu, and when they tried to delete the blank character all of their characters got deleted.
yeah, sorry, ill keep that in mind

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom