Help with Modloader

nerdpersonguy

Steampunker
I just made this thread for all of the Terrarians who want to make mods but aren't the best with code. So yeah, ask questions I guess.

Could you help in load another mods to play? ^^'
Im a little confuse with tAPI ,modloader, etc.. i can't understand properly.
I'm using actually Game Launcher to play Avallon mod and is pretty cool but, i have interest to play Terraria with another mods too,but i dont know how because tAPI was discontinued...and i dont know how do that.. i dont know if this program, Game launcher will works with another mods too..
Well,please, if you could ,tell me.. . thanks.

Last edited:
..not.
If knew how tmodloader works.. i didnt find a tutorial here,do you know how it works?
If you downloaded mods from here, take the .tmod file and put it in: C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\mods

Not a zip, not a folder.

Or just download mods directly within the game using the Mod Browser button.

If you downloaded mods from here, take the .tmod file and put it in: C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\mods

Not a zip, not a folder.

Or just download mods directly within the game using the Mod Browser button.

Thats the point ,mate.
Which program is used actually to apply mods in game? Game Launcher? How i do?
I downloaded Necro mod,and is .tapi but the game launcher dont load this file extension i think..not happens.
I dont tried modloader yet..
Could you explain better ,please,how i do?
All mods i downloaded here,yes.

Thats the point ,mate.
Which program is used actually to apply mods in game? Game Launcher? How i do?
I downloaded Necro mod,and is .tapi but the game launcher dont load this file extension i think..not happens.
I dont tried modloader yet..
Could you explain better ,please,how i do?
All mods i downloaded here,yes.
Oh I see. I'm not familiar with Game Launcher, but I think all it does is start different Executable files (.exe). It is the same as just going to the Terraria folder and opening the .exe file you want.

Mods are either "standalone" or associated with a Mod Loader (tAPI and tModLoader are examples). A Mod Loader itself is a "standalone" by this definition.

So, Game Launcher will apparently let you choose between standalone mods.

tAPI mods are pretty much off limits for you, since you don't have Terraria 1.2 anymore. If you did, you would put the .tapi files in a certain folder and the tAPI executable would load them. (I don't know, it's dead.)

tModLoader is current (1.3). You apply those mods IN GAME. You can even download them in game.

Oh I see. I'm not familiar with Game Launcher, but I think all it does is start different Executable files (.exe). It is the same as just going to the Terraria folder and opening the .exe file you want.

Mods are either "standalone" or associated with a Mod Loader (tAPI and tModLoader are examples). A Mod Loader itself is a "standalone" by this definition.

So, Game Launcher will apparently let you choose between standalone mods.

tAPI mods are pretty much off limits for you, since you don't have Terraria 1.2 anymore. If you did, you would put the .tapi files in a certain folder and the tAPI executable would load them. (I don't know, it's dead.)

tModLoader is current (1.3). You apply those mods IN GAME. You can even download them in game.

I see..but this Tmodloader people say it can load .tAPI mods..you know something about that? I dont have tried yet..
You said 1.2 is offlimits to me..dont ,please.. dont say that! necro mod is fantastic,tremor too,but them are all .tapi i think.. i'm a little confuse,sorry.. xD
Do you know another mod like necropolis?
If i could make it work....
Is the only alternative we have ,this mods, these days to extend more our awesome game..
Dont know what do more...i need make it work,this fcking tAPI sfuffs.
Thanks again,mate,sorry if i am confuse yet..but admit,its a little hard make this things work.

I Think I have the same problem as T3rrorDrome, i am using Game Launcher for multiple Instances of terraria e.g. 1.3 , 1.2.4 etc
I have it installed but none of the mods that i have put into the Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods folder like so http://imgur.com/EbR8f9H
when i go into Terraria, the game won't load up the list of mods that i have

I see..but this Tmodloader people say it can load .tAPI mods..you know something about that? I dont have tried yet..
You said 1.2 is offlimits to me..dont ,please.. dont say that! necro mod is fantastic,tremor too,but them are all .tapi i think.. i'm a little confuse,sorry.. xD
Do you know another mod like necropolis?
If i could make it work....
Is the only alternative we have ,this mods, these days to extend more our awesome game..
Dont know what do more...i need make it work,this fcking tAPI sfuffs.
Thanks again,mate,sorry if i am confuse yet..but admit,its a little hard make this things work.
I just assume 1.2 is offlimits for you because you appear to be new to mods in general. The only way to have 1.2 on your computer is if you backed it up back when you had it.

I have no idea what necropolis is, do you have a link? What are you looking for in a mod?

Tremor is tAPI (1.2), but Termor Remastered is tModLoader (1.3), I'd suggest there since you liked the old one.

tModLoader can NOT load tAPI files, they are completely different. It loads .tmod files.

I Think I have the same problem as T3rrorDrome, i am using Game Launcher for multiple Instances of terraria e.g. 1.3 , 1.2.4 etc
I have it installed but none of the mods that i have put into the Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods folder like so http://imgur.com/EbR8f9H
when i go into Terraria, the game won't load up the list of mods that i have
Wait, are you asking about tModLoader? The files you have there are all .tapi files, they won't work at all with tModLoader.

That one ,jopo. http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/necropolis-mod.2549/
Its amazing..xD
You made a good question,what i m looking in a mod..so,this Necro/Avalon could tell exactly thing what i'm looking for..more items and hours in game searching for. lol
I'm playing avalon mod,using Game Launcher,without any problem.. its sad the maiority of mods here are in .tAPI and this thing dont work anymore.I see steve is with same problem like me,i can breath deep now, i tought i was a alien here hhahahha,only me not was understanding the ''how it works'' of those gifts name Mods. xD
You guys know if there is a new one coming for 1.3 with big content ? Because our vanilla seems stoped in time..no more news or nothing.. i-i)
Thanks again for answer and support me!

That one ,jopo. http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/necropolis-mod.2549/
Its amazing..xD
You made a good question,what i m looking in a mod..so,this Necro/Avalon could tell exactly thing what i'm looking for..more items and hours in game searching for. lol
I'm playing avalon mod,using Game Launcher,without any problem.. its sad the maiority of mods here are in .tAPI and this thing dont work anymore.I see steve is with same problem like me,i can breath deep now, i tought i was a alien here hhahahha,only me not was understanding the ''how it works'' of those gifts name Mods. xD
You guys know if there is a new one coming for 1.3 with big content ? Because our vanilla seems stoped in time..no more news or nothing.. i-i)
Thanks again for answer and support me!
Terraria 1.3.1 is coming soon. Probably not too much more content though.

Here is Tremor Remastered, has a lot.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tremor-remastered.28695/

Help Im trying to make a bow that shoots two arrows but i can only get it to shoot bulltets
Code:
            item.useAmmo = ProjectileID.Bullet;
But i want it to shoot arrows. Also, how do i make it shoot 2 arrows?

Back
Top Bottom