Switch Hmm. Wall of Flesh and the Guide.

Drez

Terrarian
Soooo I have not been lucky getting a world to spawn with Titanium as of yet.

I finally set up my third hell stage in the underground, chuck one of my guide voodoo dolls (who was definitely alive), see “Andrew was killed” (or whatever the sacrificial text is), whip out my gun...and nothing.

Now, I started building houses but every other NPC is moving in. Do I need to build a whole town before the guide will respawn and move back in? Is the the lowest priority respawning NPC?

It looks like this was moved to a PC related forum, but I’m playing on the Switch i.e. console. I meant this to be a general question and not specific to any particular system, though.

Didn't u make a proper house for him in the beggining of the game?
[doublepost=1563947252,1563947175][/doublepost]Cuz that's all u need for him to change his name and come back

Soooo I have not been lucky getting a world to spawn with Titanium as of yet.

I finally set up my third hell stage in the underground, chuck one of my guide voodoo dolls (who was definitely alive), see “Andrew was killed” (or whatever the sacrificial text is), whip out my gun...and nothing.

Now, I started building houses but every other NPC is moving in. Do I need to build a whole town before the guide will respawn and move back in? Is the the lowest priority respawning NPC?
Did you happen to look at the map and see if the Wall of Flesh boss icon was anywhere? Maybe all the way to the right or left of the world (even though it should spawn near you). Do you have the Horrified debuff when you’re in the underworld? One other thing - has your Switch been running for awhile. Try shutting it down completely (Hold Power button for 3-5 seconds>Power Option>Shutdown) and then try again (once you have a new guide and don’t have a Horrified debuff).

If you have an empty valid house, the Guide should move in during daytime.

Sorry I wasn’t very clear in my first post. To address the above two posts:

I’m trying to spawn Titanium. I’m about 45 hours into my playthrough. My primary world spawned Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite. I then made a hellivator to a second world, prepped it, killed WoF, and again Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite.

So then I start a 3rd world, hellivator, platform, chucked the guide into lava, get message that the guide died, but no WoF and no debuffs.

My issue is that I’ve already unlocked most of the NPCs via my primary world. I keep making a house at a time but the other NPCs seem to keep spawning ahead of the guide. It’s not a big deal to build like 10 houses but it’s so annoying. Is there any way to evict these NPCs to get the guide to spawn? This was meant to be a throwaway world.

P.S. I’ll try the Switch reset thing once the guide finally respawns. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've seen a few of these threads, and it always says "ANDREW was slain". It seems like his hat dropping easter egg might be behind this all.

Sorry I wasn’t very clear in my first post. To address the above two posts:

I’m trying to spawn Titanium. I’m about 45 hours into my playthrough. My primary world spawned Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite. I then made a hellivator to a second world, prepped it, killed WoF, and again Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite.

So then I start a 3rd world, hellivator, platform, chucked the guide into lava, get message that the guide died, but no WoF and no debuffs.

My issue is that I’ve already unlocked most of the NPCs via my primary world. I keep making a house at a time but the other NPCs seem to keep spawning ahead of the guide. It’s not a big deal to build like 10 houses but it’s so annoying. Is there any way to evict these NPCs to get the guide to spawn? This was meant to be a throwaway world.

P.S. I’ll try the Switch reset thing once the guide finally respawns. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ah interesting. Like Worfer, I’m wondering if this only happens (WOF won’t spawn) when the guide is named Andrew. It still should, of course, but maybe that’s the source of the bug.

For your Titanium hunting I’d just move on to another world if you’re so inclined. However, if you want to kick people out of houses, open the housing menu and then click on their flag in a house. Sorry, that’s not specific. I don’t have a Switch in front of me to map out the exact buttons you push, but there should be a way to get them out. They may just take over the house again though.

Back
Top Bottom