Items Holy Flames!

How do you rate this suggestion on a scale of 1 to triangle?

• 1-BURN IT WITH HOLY FIRE

• 2- Meh- could be improved. (please suggest if you can)

• 3-I really love it!

• Triangle- OH MY GOD I HAVE FOUND THE LORD AND SAVIOR AND WANT TO MAKE SPRITES. (Thanks!)

• Just want to see the results

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sir Edeneric

Spazmatism
I came up with the idea for holy flames while replying to catocat9001's The Blade of Four Flames: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-blade-of-four-flames.56412/

This is the message that I felt needed its own thread and to become its own idea.

Here is the message:

10 living flame blocks + 1 crystal shard = 10 Holy Fire
2tAWK

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Fire's crafting recipes would be so:

100 musket balls + 10 holy fire = 100 Blessed bullets.
B1L1B

Blessed bullets deal 12 damage and have a chance to inflict Holy Flames for 5 seconds.

80 arrows + 10 Holy Fire = 80 Blessed Arrows
Hdm3b

Blessed Arrows deal 16 damage and have a chance to inflict Holy Flames for 5 seconds.

16 Hallowed Bars + 25 Holy Fire = Apollo's Aim
fJWO9

I don't know how to balance weapon stats and gives fired arrows +10% chance to inflict Holy Flames for 5 seconds.

'Feel the wrath of the Holy Sun!'

20 Hallowed bars + 30 Holy Fire = CaledfwIch

Balancing does not comprehend my tiny brain and gives 50% chance to inflict Holy Flames for 5 seconds when striking.

(Not sure about this one balance wise)

Flamelash + 10 Hallowed bars + 40 Holy fire = Chentu
NUyM0

The stats would be higher damage and mana cost than the Flamelash and when the controlled bolt hits it inflicts Holy Flames for 5 seconds. Also, the bolt can go through water.

All @ Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil

5 Holy fire + Bottled water @ Imbuing Station = Flask of Holy Flames
wfbpA

Inflicts Weapon Imbue Holy Fire for 20 minutes.
'Melee weapons inflict Holy Flames'
Other crafting recipes:

CaledFwIch + Fiery Greatsword + Frostbrand + Shadowflame Knife = Blade of Four Flames

Tally Counter + 30 Holy Fire @ Tinkerer's Workshop = Banner Incinerator

Banner Incinerator will turn every collected banner into 1 silver while it is in your inventory. This will only apply for 100th kill onwards banners. This does not affect pre-existing banners.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Holy Flames
'You have been smitten by the gods!'

Deals 5 damage per second and lowers enemy defence by 10. Stacks with Ichor and Cursed Flames.

Inflicted by Chaos Elementals and Dreamer Ghouls.

[End of message]

Some extra notes I would like to add are that I imagine Holy Flames as pinkish-white angelic fire. I would appreciate any sprites or any support banners if you for some reason love this probably terrible suggestion. Please post or send sprites. Also feel free to re-do this better as long as you post a link to original and credit me. THANKS FOR READING!
This would also be placeable as living holy fire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

All sprites were done by @GriffdeBiff

Original sprite unseparated:
YbTFalC.png

Last edited:
i like the idea of its being used with bullets, but we already have holy arrows. further more none of the living flame blocks are used in weapon recipes let alone a bow or a flail. i would like to make some sprites though ;)

(but dont edit anything just yet)

Last edited:
YbTFalC.png
i made some sprites for your ideas. feel free to use them in the thread!

for clarification the items go in this order: holy flame block, blessed bullet, blessed arrow, Apollos aim, Chentu and its projectile, flask of holy flame. i left out CaledFwIch because swords tend to have alot more pixels and they are harder to make into new sprites (i mostly resprited items into these) if you want me to i can try to make a CaledFwIch

Last edited:
Bump due to sprites added and ideas edited, Also how to make sprites visible on original thread and how to edit title?

are you having problems making the sprites visible? maybe its something on my end but the pictures aren't showing up so is that what you mean?

You cannot change the title once it has been created. To make the sprites visible, try re-inserting them into the post using the edit button.

Note: The sprites not displaying is not just on your end. I simply seem to have uploaded them wrong and re-uploading doesn't work.

Ah, well. You could try putting the sprites into a reply for the main post, and just tell everyone to look down at the secondary.

Back
Top Bottom