How can i find out which item uses which sprite number?

Zelkia

Terrarian
I'm going to try to edit some textures in Terraria, mainly armor, however it would take too long to look through all armor sprites to find out which was, say Wooden armor, or which one was Hallowed armor. Is there ANY pattern for how these are named, that will help me out with finding the sprites for each armor/item? I know i can find the itemIDs for each item on the Terraria Wiki but so far, that hasn't helped me. What Armor number would correspond to the female Wooden armor? What would correspond to male Golden armor? There seems to be no simple way to find out what's what at first glance, so i thought i'd ask here.

<double post merged by staff>

If anyone's curious, my idea was to create a texture pack that removes inner borders from most armor. This mostly applies to females, as they're the ones that usually have parts of their bodies uncovered. Think of it this way- For hallowed armor, i'd get rid of the dark-yellow borders and make the colors of it match the rest of the breastplate/shoulderguards, if a bit darker. The leggings would have the top border removed and replaces with a "darker" shade of the colors used for the very top of the leggings. This can apply to male armor too, but it's just less likely to happen due to how theirs is designed. I might do some vanities too. I dunno.

<triple post merged by staff>

OK, so from what i gathered, at least for Wooden armor, it's later on in the IDs due to being added in 1.2, and the last 2 numbers of the SpriteNumber correspond to the first 2 numbers of their IDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to try to edit some textures in Terraria, mainly armor, however it would take too long to look through all armor sprites to find out which was, say Wooden armor, or which one was Hallowed armor. Is there ANY pattern for how these are named, that will help me out with finding the sprites for each armor/item? I know i can find the itemIDs for each item on the Terraria Wiki but so far, that hasn't helped me. What Armor number would correspond to the female Wooden armor? What would correspond to male Golden armor? There seems to be no simple way to find out what's what at first glance, so i thought i'd ask here.

<double post merged by staff>

If anyone's curious, my idea was to create a texture pack that removes inner borders from most armor. This mostly applies to females, as they're the ones that usually have parts of their bodies uncovered. Think of it this way- For hallowed armor, i'd get rid of the dark-yellow borders and make the colors of it match the rest of the breastplate/shoulderguards, if a bit darker. The leggings would have the top border removed and replaces with a "darker" shade of the colors used for the very top of the leggings. This can apply to male armor too, but it's just less likely to happen due to how theirs is designed. I might do some vanities too. I dunno.

<triple post merged by staff>

OK, so from what i gathered, at least for Wooden armor, it's later on in the IDs due to being added in 1.2, and the last 2 numbers of the SpriteNumber correspond to the first 2 numbers of their IDs.
Hi there @Zelkia, a tip for going forward - you can use the Edit button below your post to edit it. That is much preferred over double and triple posting. :)

Back
Top Bottom