How can I run Terraria on standalone?

Discussion in 'The Crossroads: General Cross-Platform Talk' started by Samrux, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Samrux

Samrux Santa Claus

I heard of a user whose Terraria experience was greatly enhanced after ralizing that Steam had been causing him great framerate issues for a long time. Apparently, not even removing the Steam overlay (shift+tab) had given him the boost he finally got after buying Terraria on Gog.

I'm tired of lag spikes, half the framerate during rain, and trippy lighting mode. I want to try running Terraria alone, without Steam on the background.

I'm out of town now, so I can't try anything out by myself just yet. How can I achieve that? I guess I can just download a pirated version and have it parallel to Steam's (I own the game legally, anyways) but that's a hassle. I'd like the run the game from the same files Steam uses.

Thank you.

2. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

Its your computer, not Steam.

3. Azu

Azu Retinazer

Acordding to this, Steam does cause issues, as a player who had lag didn't after getting GoG version.

Samrux likes this.
  4. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

Then go offline.

5. Azu

Azu Retinazer

Going offline would not help.

Samrux likes this.
  6. DerpyMustache

DerpyMustache Steampunker

It's the exact opposite for me, I had a standalone version for a long time, had to use 2 gameboosters to play, bought it on steam, instant 60 fps.
    This is windows XP mind you.