tModLoader How Do I Unpack .tmod Files?

Mr Underhill

Skeletron Prime
Hi, I need a way to unpack .tmod files so that I can see how to make my own mod because the layout is different than from tConfig and tAPI. Unless someone has an unpacked version I can use or just a blank mod? If you do can you make sure it has at least a sample item in all of the folders (weapon, tile, mob, gore, etc.) so that I can have a template for those? Thanks! I have been trying for 2 hours and I have not found a working unpacker or a blank mod folder.. ;(

Dont ask this in the released section ask this in the general mod discussion
2 use tmod reader

Hi, I need a way to unpack .tmod files so that I can see how to make my own mod because the layout is different than from tConfig and tAPI. Unless someone has an unpacked version I can use or just a blank mod? If you do can you make sure it has at least a sample item in all of the folders (weapon, tile, mob, gore, etc.) so that I can have a template for those? Thanks! I have been trying for 2 hours and I have not found a working unpacker or a blank mod folder.. ;(
Use this generator: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/generator/ModSkeletonGenerator.html

You'll probably just be better off looking at the Example mod on the tModLoader thread. tModReader probably won't help you since basically all of the released mods have their code hidden from it (many probably don't even know it, it's just the default option).

You'll probably just be better off looking at the Example mod on the tModLoader thread.
I took a look at that and I don't know what the different folders are for (i.e. DependentMod and ExampleMod). Do I just make the items in the specified folder in the ExampleMod folder and when I load it in tModLoader it will load them into the game? Or do I have to create them in the DependentModItem.cs file in the DependentMod/Items folder?

Dont ask this in the released section ask this in the general mod discussion
2 use tmod reader
Sorry, I saw other people post their problems here and assumed it was the right place.. Also, I have already tried tModReader and it never gives me anything inside the Output folder. I've tried it with multiple mods.

You should probably just be looking at ExampleMod for now. Try the generator that jopojelly linked, it'll create the folder that you will use for your mod. Put the folder (in the zip file) that it makes into the Mod Sources folder that you can get to from the main menu option in-game. Beyond that, there are many good beginner resources for starting out with tModLoader.

You should probably just be looking at ExampleMod for now. Try the generator that jopojelly linked, it'll create the folder that you will use for your mod. Put the folder (in the zip file) that it makes into the Mod Sources folder that you can get to from the main menu option in-game. Beyond that, there are many good beginner resources for starting out with tModLoader.
Thank you! That's all I needed to know. :passionate:

Back
Top Bottom