How do you classify/explain Terraria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7oth

Terrarian
Recently I was talking to a friend of mine about video games and which indies we enjoyed the most, naturally Terraria came up but I feel like I didn't explain it properly. My question to the community would be how would you explain or classify Terraria for someone who's never heard of it?

I myself would explain it as a side scrolling, free roam sand box game.

While you can only view the world from a 2-D perspective, you can move in 4 directions. Left, right, up and down.

You are not limited to the exploring aspect that comes with randomly generated worlds, but also free to destroy and build.

While there certainly is much to do in the way of renovations and exploring, the world is also full of challenges anywhere you might look. You can fight a variety of monsters and boss's at any stage in the game.

A player can feel growth through the in game character as you level up your gear through effort and luck. You can also feel growth as you attempt to fight every creature in the game and are forced to grow and adapt to each creature in order to attain victory.

That is how I would briefly describe it to someone interested in trying it out.

Indie Exploration Sandbox Building, Survival Sidescrolling 2D Retro Platformer game.

Or for short: Indie games are awesome. :indifferent:

2D Minecraft. :dryadnaughty:

Well, it's quite different, but that's what people said when I asked them about Terraria. Then I compared the screenshots, and decided that if that's a 2D version of it, it looks way way better. Let's go with that.

What? It got me into Terraria. Should be good enough. :dryadindifferent:

I don't explain it, I show it and let them see what it is by themselves. If they shrug it off as "2D Minecraft" or ":red:ty graphics" they weren't worthy of Terraria.

It's kind of like Minecraft, except it's 2d and it has more of a focus on adventure and exploration rather than Minecraft's focus on building. Also, it has way more stuff.
This is pretty much the easiest way I can think of to tell someone about this game.

I hate to say this, but yea, I usaully just say it's like 2-d Minecraft with much more content and things to do. Any more than that and you'll probably lose the attention of your average closed minded gamer.

A open world 2d sandbox with focus on combat and exploration with a great progression system that will always challenges you to the best of your ability with hundreds of hours of gameplay and great replayiblity

That's my description of terraria

2D Sandbox game where you fight loads of random stuff, from giant eyes to walking :red: jokes with laser shooting swords or shark guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom