How is pvp in this game?

Smartdumbkid

Terrarian
I had Terraria on mobile for about a year now and just recently upgraded to the PC version (and I absolutely love it). I'm about to dabble into the multiplayer aspect of the game, and wanted to know how the pvp is. I heard that 1.3 made it a one click death race, and this sounds like I need to hide in caves forever. Is it fun or just a slaughter fest?

I don't take part in it, but from using Last Prism I can guarantee that it won't be fun if you want to take it seriously. Things like that would require quick movement only really obtainable from Rod of Discord, and I have no idea if public servers are still soft banning it from use.

If you just want to casually hit people you might be able to enjoy it, but "one click death race" sounds pretty accurate.

I don't take part in it, but from using Last Prism I can guarantee that it won't be fun if you want to take it seriously. Things like that would require quick movement only really obtainable from Rod of Discord, and I have no idea if public servers are still soft banning it from use.

If you just want to casually hit people you might be able to enjoy it, but "one click death race" sounds pretty accurate.
:(. Oh well, I can still hope for some fun out of it, especially with what ursa said being true.

:(. Oh well, I can still hope for some fun out of it, especially with what ursa said being true.

A lot of the maps can be a lot of fun to play; although I don't know how many people run dedicated servers for those game types. I usually join a Steam Group that runs servers or gather a group of friends and play like that. There's plenty of maps available though.

To be honest, PvP is pretty much broken in 1.3. There aren't any bugs, but fighting players isn't half as fun with these new weapons. Many end-game stuff can one-hit a player. Attacking people with Terra Beams and the Paladin's Hammer was much more fun IMO.

Haven't tried it out yet but looks pretty annoying and doesn't look as good as pvp in some other games imo

With new 1.3 weapons it isn't so funny as 1.1.2.
At my opinion, the best version for PvP is 1.1.2 because then wasn't so powerful weapons and armors. But PvP is still interesting and funny :D
Have fun ;)

In my opinion, PvP has never really been fun in this game. From my perspective Terraria just doesn't work with PvP - too many variables. However, all those variables make for a great co-operative adventure!

Terraria was never balanced for PvP.
The closest Terraria has been to "balanced" in terms of PvP was back in 1.0.6, before hardmode was added.

Back
Top Bottom