How many edits are appropriate for one post?

There is no limit on how many edits you can put on a post. As for what I think is and isn't appropriate in terms of how many times you edit a post, I think that (unless it's a portfolio, story where chapters are on the very first post, an art thread, or a suggestion) editing it more than three times is more than necessary. If you have to edit it more than that, then you might just want to delete the post and rewrite it completely.

I don't worry about how many times. Except when correcting typos or making a quick addition just after posting, I do try to indicate what material was added using a tag such as [edit] or [eta] (edited to add).

Ok. So four edits is too much? I'm not fond of deleting posts so I that case, would a double post be appropriate/needed?

Ok. So four edits is too much? I'm not fond of deleting posts so I that case, would a double post be appropriate/needed?
No, that's just what I think. There is no limit to how many edits you can do to a singular post, I personally think that 4 or more edits is a bit more than someone needs to completely fix their post.

As many edits that are necessary.

For general discussion editing isn't necessary unless another user hasn't posted yet. Though mistakes do happen which is what the edit button is for. It can be for anything from forgetting a thought you were going to post to correcting incorrect spelling/grammar.

Editing is 98% of the time always preferred to double posting. It doesn't matter how many times you need to edit your post. Especially when you have multiple paragraphs in your one post, which may require more edits than a small post.

For suggestions/stories/art on here, changes may need to be made to the suggestion based on other user feedback which is where the edit button also comes in. I personally think it is good to have a changelog listing all the changes you've made in your suggestions so people who have viewed your suggestion previously don't get confused when a potential change was very big and different from what they remember.

There are no limits to the edits you can make unless the thread is locked. You can edit a post as many times as you want.

No, that's just what I think. There is no limit to how many edits you can do to a singular post, I personally think that 4 or more edits is a bit more than someone needs to completely fix their post.

People can edit their post until they believe it's fixed without a doubt. No arbitrary limits.

Back
Top Bottom