PC How to beat Lunatic Cultist, Lunar Events and Moon Lord without dying once on a Ranger Loadout?

UlticraftMTT

Plantera
How could i do this?
I kind of want to playthrough hardmode, without dying, and using a ranger loadout.
My character is not hardcore, he's softcore, i just hate dying in terraria.

Lunatic Cultist: Taking him at the border of screen and using chlorophyte bullets.

Vortex Pillar: Entering a completely closed box and raining down some good arrows with Daedalus Stormbow

Stardust Pillar: Same with the Vortex Pillar, just be careful about about Milkyway Weavers

Solar Pillar: Again same with Vortex, the box must be on ground so the Crawltipede won't target you.

Nebula Pillar: Just move as much randomly as you can, never stop firing chlorophyte bullets from your Vortex Beater.

Moon Lord: Vortex Beater with chlorophyte bullets should work well, use Titanium armor and Master Ninja Gear to have extra dodges.(Titanium seemed too weak for Moon Lord? Watch Ningishu's expert mode Yuri playtrough!)
[doublepost=1460851547,1460851492][/doublepost]Edit: Never tried these tactics but they should do some work

I'm not actually at that point of the game yet, i'm just asking ahead of time, before i do the lunar events, i'd like to get some Duke Fishron/Frost and Pumpkin Moon loot like the Tsunami and Chain Gun before i take on the events.
Can i use Shroomite Armor with bullet headset? That's what i'm using right now.

From my experience on expert mode, I don't think the Shroomite isn't an upgrade from Titanium Ranger set. My first expert golem fight was done with Titanium Ranger, then switched the Shroomite and there wasn't a big change. The same thing also applied for the Prime, the Shroomite really didn't helped about damage increase.
If your world doesn't have Titanium then it's a big problem, if this is the case you simply don't have much options, unless you are ready for spend some hours for crate farming.
Anyway, the Titanium was for a free and good defensive bonus while not having a much damage decrease, both armors will work when the time comes to the battle with celestial creatures...

Solar Pillar: Again same with Vortex, the box must be on ground so the Crawltipede won't target you.
The box/platform can be high up in the air. The Crawltipede will only target you if you're flying, not if you're standing about on a high ledge. As long as your feet are resting on something solid, it'll leave you alone. :)

The box/platform can be high up in the air. The Crawltipede will only target you if you're flying, not if you're standing about on a high ledge. As long as your feet are resting on something solid, it'll leave you alone. :)
So cheesing the Solar Pillar even more easy? Now there's only the Nebula one missing!

That's something I actually didn't know.

From my experience on expert mode, I don't think the Shroomite isn't an upgrade from Titanium Ranger set. My first expert golem fight was done with Titanium Ranger, then switched the Shroomite and there wasn't a big change. The same thing also applied for the Prime, the Shroomite really didn't helped about damage increase.
If your world doesn't have Titanium then it's a big problem, if this is the case you simply don't have much options, unless you are ready for spend some hours for crate farming.
Anyway, the Titanium was for a free and good defensive bonus while not having a much damage decrease, both armors will work when the time comes to the battle with celestial creatures...
I'm not sure if my world has titanium or not, because i skipped smashing altars by fishing hardmode ores/bars out of crates, because i'm worried about Mechanical Boss random spawns, Pirate Invasions and random Corruption and Hallow patches.
My world is in Hardmode, Post-Golem, and in Normal Mode, Not Expert Mode.
Also, Shroomite Armor is really, really good if you're standing in one place.
Also, can Evolution Beasts and Nebula Floaters see you through blocks and shoot at you?
My Current weapons are a Sniper Rifle and Tactical Shotgun with a Endless Musket Pouch that i swap out for other Bullets during boss and event fights. And i use a Terra Blade and Paladin's Hammer for backup, even though they're Melee weapons.

I'm not sure if my world has titanium or not, because i skipped smashing altars by fishing hardmode ores/bars out of crates, because i'm worried about Mechanical Boss random spawns, Pirate Invasions and random Corruption and Hallow patches.
My world is in Hardmode, Post-Golem, and in Normal Mode, Not Expert Mode.
Also, Shroomite Armor is really, really good if you're standing in one place.
Also, can Evolution Beasts and Nebula Floaters see you through blocks and shoot at you?
My Current weapons are a Sniper Rifle and Tactical Shotgun with a Endless Musket Pouch that i swap out for other Bullets during boss and event fights. And i use a Terra Blade and Paladin's Hammer for backup, even though they're Melee weapons.
Yeah, the stealth from Shroomite is really good, but... Really are you just standing still while fighting with a boss? In most cases(especially the Lunar Events) you might end up not using the stealth even one little second, so it's important to compare the non-stealth damage values. At this point Shroomite doesn't grant a good increase than Titanium, moreover you will lose the Shadow Dodge buff which is a good aid.
You said you farmed crates once, then I think you can do it again, so do it :) Really, it's all worth it. May be, you might try to complete the whole hardmode by just using the Titanium Ranger, if someone could do this to the Golem on expert mode, then another one can finish the Moon Lord on normal mode, at least this is what I think.
About Vortex and Nebula Pillars, all Vortex mobs and projectiles CAN'T pass trough blocks, and all Nebula projectiles CAN pass through blocks, and Nebula mobs know that so the only option is flying non-stop and spamming chlorophyte bullets.
Vortex: Easily cheesable as Martians, Nebula: Don't even think to cheese these guys...

Yeah, the stealth from Shroomite is really good, but... Really are you just standing still while fighting with a boss? In most cases(especially the Lunar Events) you might end up not using the stealth even one little second, so it's important to compare the non-stealth damage values. At this point Shroomite doesn't grant a good increase than Titanium, moreover you will lose the Shadow Dodge buff which is a good aid.
You said you farmed crates once, then I think you can do it again, so do it :) Really, it's all worth it. May be, you might try to complete the whole hardmode by just using the Titanium Ranger, if someone could do this to the Golem on expert mode, then another one can finish the Moon Lord on normal mode, at least this is what I think.
About Vortex and Nebula Pillars, all Vortex mobs and projectiles CAN'T pass trough blocks, and all Nebula projectiles CAN pass through blocks, and Nebula mobs know that so the only option is flying non-stop and spamming chlorophyte bullets.
Vortex: Easily cheesable as Martians, Nebula: Don't even think to cheese these guys...
Well, since i'm going to be standing in a box on the Stardust, Vortex and Solar Pillars, i should be stealthed most of the time. Also, i know that you have to attack a enemy to make it able to activate, but how do you toggle Shadow Dodge?

Well, since i'm going to be standing in a box on the Stardust, Vortex and Solar Pillars, i should be stealthed most of the time. Also, i know that you have to attack a enemy to make it able to activate, but how do you toggle Shadow Dodge?
Oh, I was speaking for Nebula Pillar and Moon Lord, about the others Shroomite is by far the best. :) About Shadow Dodge, it's activated when you "successfully" attacked a monster, then it will last 30 secs or you got hit, then it has an exact 60 secs of cooldown. If you want to have a good idea about it you can watch Yrimir's expert mode mechanical boss videos to see Shadow Dodge in action.

Back
Top Bottom