PC How to build Dart Trap Batteries for Boss/Mob Farming

DicemanX

Brain of Cthulhu
Since the dart traps now have a cooldown of 200 frames (~3.33 seconds), using 1-second timers is no longer ideal. We can easily switch to dummies to ensure that each dart trap in a battery is activated as soon as the cooldown expires (thanks to Unftf for showcasing this approach with Spear Traps). Here's the approach:

1rlV7tH.jpg

1UhzyLS.jpg

The player hits the switch, causing the bird to fly down the track and die to a dart trap at the end. The last pressure plate also sends a dummy ghost into the activation chamber with two hoik teeth that face each other. This causes the dummy ghost to move back and forth over the pressure plate there. The pressure plate is connected by blue wire, and ensures that every trap is activated the moment the cooldown period comes to an end. This in turn ensures that the darts are fired in a continuous stream. To shut off the battery, the switch needs to be pulled again.

30 dart traps are needed to ensure that the hit cap of 6 hits per second is reached (all piercing weapons have that hit cap). However, even just 15 dart traps can be very effective.

The bird statue is not strictly necessary; without any speed boosting gear the player walks at the same speed as the bird, so the player could simply walk over the pressure plates to activate the traps in staggered fashion.

Joe, its work yet? Cause Im trying to do an truffle worm farm with bird enginne like this and when the birds hit the pressures, the dart doesnt got out. So can I suppose its dont works anymore?

Ty, sorry for my bad english.

Joe, its work yet? Cause Im trying to do an truffle worm farm with bird enginne like this and when the birds hit the pressures, the dart doesnt got out. So can I suppose its dont works anymore?

Ty, sorry for my bad english.

It still works. Since the darts are not exiting the battery, are you sure you're using the right type of pressure plates that can be activated by mobs? Also, did you actuate the traps into the background and then remove the actuators?

It still works. Since the darts are not exiting the battery, are you sure you're using the right type of pressure plates that can be activated by mobs? Also, did you actuate the traps into the background and then remove the actuators?

Im using gray pressures. I didnt know I need to use one correct type of pressure, so, what pressure I must use? I think thats is the problem then. On teleport I need to use red pressure too?
Yes, I used actuators on traps.

Ty for the fast reply!!! Your youtube channel is really awesome, I follow u since the start of the channel.

Im using gray pressures. I didnt know I need to use one correct type of pressure, so, what pressure I must use? I think thats is the problem then. On teleport I need to use red pressure too?
Yes, I used actuators on traps.

So it's the pressure plates that were the issue then - you need to use red, green, or yellow plates for the battery to work. Here's a list of all plates and what triggers them:

http://terraria.wiki.gg/Pressure_Plates

Ty for the fast reply!!! Your youtube channel is really awesome, I follow u since the start of the channel.

Thanks, I appreciate it! Glad you like the channel, and as always there's plenty of content on the way. Since 1.3.1 is just around the corner, I'm sure I'll have a lot of builds to showcase once it gets released!

Any chance we could possibly get a guide on how to properly build this, preferably video?

I could, but I wonder if that would help. The schematic is pretty clear I think, and it's probably easier to just build from a schematic than from a video when it comes to a relatively small build.

I could, but I wonder if that would help. The schematic is pretty clear I think, and it's probably easier to just build from a schematic than from a video when it comes to a relatively small build.
Yeah, you're right, I'll try and give it a go, good luck to me! I'm terrible with wires :p

So it's the pressure plates that were the issue then - you need to use red, green, or yellow plates for the battery to work. Here's a list of all plates and what triggers them:

http://terraria.wiki.gg/Pressure_Plates

Thanks, I appreciate it! Glad you like the channel, and as always there's plenty of content on the way. Since 1.3.1 is just around the corner, I'm sure I'll have a lot of builds to showcase once it gets released!

Thanks man, it works!!!

Waiting your next video. :happy:

Forgot to post again, but I made it and it worked first try, thanks mate! Works great for grinding Golem for money :p

Back
Top Bottom