How to farm for mimics?

Your character will rapidly 'hoik' between the two teeth (upside down slopes) all by itself, triggering the 2 pressure plates. Try building it and you'll see. :D

More info about Hoiks!

Stupid game summoned the twins on me again, when I wasn't nearly prepared. I did last a lot longer, probably because I managed to find a lot of heart plants. But I didn't have all my potions, or my two heart statues set up (I found them while I was in my alternate world to collect sand, decided to take a detour through the underground hunting for statues). I also had my flamethrower rather than my mega-shark, which proved to be a terrible weapon against the twins. I managed to get one to transform, at which point it started spraying me with fire! Its range was the same as mine, which means that the only way I could damage it further, was to take insane amounts of damage myself.

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. I don't even know if I can beat the twins. And no, I'm still nowhere near prepared. I need dayblooms to replenish my potion supply, and I just now built my greenhouse, so I really haven't procured much yet. Thinking that maybe, I need to have more than 12 planter boxes for each plant, I don't know. I was also thinking about building an actual arena for my two new heart statues, but I'm thinking that may be unneccessary. I don't really see how an 'arena' would help me considering I already go butterfly wings. I'm also fighting the twins in hallowed armor, though I'm thinking my old orichalum armor may be better.

I did something stupid: I sold my gps. I went out grinding bats, trying to get a depth meter. For some reason, when I looked it up it told me it only dropped from bats. After literally killing hundreds of bats (I got 3 banners for cave bats), I gave up and decided to look again. Apparently, you have to craft it. However, I sold 3 compasses, which apparently do only drop. So now I'm having to grind for a compass again. :red:ing great. I think I'm through playing for today. Literally grinded for hours, for NOTHING. This is beyond stupid. Yeah, I grinded so long, I got 3 compasses, FROM THE CAVERNS, WHILE I WAS FOCUSING BATS.

edit: I did make a mistake, apparently you can only craft it, on the console version, the only way to get it on pc, is to grind for it. 1% chance, 300 bats, and it didn't drop ONCE. I got multiple copies of things that are actually even rarer!!!!!

Managed to get my gps back finally. And I beat the twins, twice. Was actually pretty easy. I managed to max out my health, and I had a campfire and 2 heart statues helping me out. I only had to use a health potion once.

And judging by the message saying something about the jungle, I guess plantera is next?

Anyway, this thread has lived its purpose. I wanted mimic farm, and well, I've accomplished that and moved on. For now, I think I'll be focusing on doing the angler's quests, try to get all the accessories he offers.

create a very flat and open area above ground, farm for souls of light and night and create keys of light and keys of night. Then place them in an empty chest. (must be nothing else in chest) then just farm them. ( recommend at least the clockwork assault rifle.) or the Onyx Blaster works nicely.

Back
Top Bottom