PC How to get a free server to play with friends?

FedoraMaster03

Official Terrarian
When I play with my friends, we always play with steam integration, but it lags like hell.
So researched, and apparently steam integration is causing the lag, because on actual servers I never lag.
So how can I host a world as a server just to play terraria with friends? For free.

Set up your own server, you'll need to portforward however. There are plenty of guides on the Internet.

Do you recommend any simple guides?
Also, will my friends have to port forward or not?

Honestly, there are all the same really. Just look at a few different ones. And only the host needs to portforward. You just give them the IP, Port and Password if one is set.

Honestly, there are all the same really. Just look at a few different ones. And only the host needs to portforward. You just give them the IP, Port and Password if one is set.
Alright, got it. I'll have a look.
Also, will port forwarding interfere with any other devices connected to my home network? Or affect anything like my router negatively?

Alright, got it. I'll have a look.
Also, will port forwarding interfere with any other devices connected to my home network? Or affect anything like my router negatively?

i keep trying to use the "startserver" thing in the terraria server and says there is a problem

Back
Top Bottom