How to start expert mode

what do you perfer?

• expert mode

• normal mode

• baby mode

Results are only viewable after voting.

B E A N D I P

Terrarian
so what you wanna do when you start is to not worry about the guide. because enemies cant spawn somewhere if you are not nearby, so start finding a cave.
the cave may help you get good items like Hermes boots, cloud in a bottle, shoe spikes, and climbing claws. these can all help your survival by 45 percent.
also, its a good idea to mine all the ore that you see and go to places that might be risky like spider caves and such. spider caves can have a chest with a web hook to grapple onto blocks to escape anywhere.
it should also be noted that making items over again at the start can get you very good modifiers.
is there something i missed? please state what i missed. also, build a big wall when you come back.

This seems to just be tips for Terraria in general, so I'll pitch in one. The water bolt can be found in dungeoun shelves even above where the gaurdian spawns, allowing you to snag one before the bone boi comes. The weapon is viable through all of prehardmode.

so what you wanna do when you start is to not worry about the guide. because enemies cant spawn somewhere if you are not nearby, so start finding a cave.
the cave may help you get good items like Hermes boots, cloud in a bottle, shoe spikes, and climbing claws. these can all help your survival by 45 percent.
also, its a good idea to mine all the ore that you see and go to places that might be risky like spider caves and such. spider caves can have a chest with a web hook to grapple onto blocks to escape anywhere.
it should also be noted that making items over again at the start can get you very good modifiers.
is there something i missed? please state what i missed. also, build a big wall when you come back.
thanks ;D

Just. get. a. god. darn. Amazon.
It’s easier to get one in expert than it is to get one in normal, since hornets have a 100 percent chance of dropping stingers in expert.

You can’t spawn a demolitionist with a grenade, and even if you got a gun you still might not be able to defeat the absurdly powerful EOC.
Bombs are also easy to get, just break a few pots. EOC isn't that tough on Expert as long as you get enough mobility items and make a decent arena.

Bombs are also easy to get, just break a few pots. EOC isn't that tough on Expert as long as you get enough mobility items and make a decent arena.
i'm assuming that you've done it before and find it easy, but for someone like me space gun is minimum, and i'm not that bad at this game since i could beat twins on expert and duke on normal with early hardmode stuff.(seriously i find this fight harder than twins, though infinitely easier than moon lord).
bombs can be obtained pretty early, though usually an amazon is easier to get.

You can easily find bombs from pots and you can build a house, wait for de demolitionist and buy tons of bombs, and bomb tons of orbs/hearts. This should give u meteorite spawns so u can get it's armor plus space gun. This is good for EoC. Also ur world should be corruption cuz worm scarf.

i'm assuming that you've done it before and find it easy, but for someone like me space gun is minimum, and i'm not that bad at this game since i could beat twins on expert and duke on normal with early hardmode stuff.(seriously i find this fight harder than twins, though infinitely easier than moon lord).
bombs can be obtained pretty early, though usually an amazon is easier to get.
Well of course the EOC would be a tougher battle than the Twins on Expert. Unlike the Twins, the Eye of Cthulhu got an AI change along with the stat boosts, making for a tough battle. Your best bet is to keep moving. The Eye of Cthulhu is relentless in the second phase, so you cannot afford to get stuck in his rapid dashing. Try to keep moving with items such as a hook on platforms to keep your acceleration. As long as you stay calm and keep moving quickly, the Eye of Cthulhu won't trouble you. Since the Twins weren't exactly buffed in the AI department, you can use the same strategy as the Normal battle, just with less room for mistakes.

Well of course the EOC would be a tougher battle than the Twins on Expert. Unlike the Twins, the Eye of Cthulhu got an AI change along with the stat boosts, making for a tough battle. Your best bet is to keep moving. The Eye of Cthulhu is relentless in the second phase, so you cannot afford to get stuck in his rapid dashing. Try to keep moving with items such as a hook on platforms to keep your acceleration. As long as you stay calm and keep moving quickly, the Eye of Cthulhu won't trouble you. Since the Twins weren't exactly buffed in the AI department, you can use the same strategy as the Normal battle, just with less room for mistakes.
if you dont mind the cheesing then you can just nurse cheese. I defeated the EOC with tin armor and no buffs that way.

You made the twins sounded easy.

You made the twins sounded easy.
Well, for me they were. I found that using the Shield of Cthulhu is a great way to dodge the attacks, or using a mount like the Unicorn. Using a strong weapon like the Daedalus Stormbow or the Megashark were optimal. If you found them difficult, I'm not one to judge and I can understand why.

Well, for me they were. I found that using the Shield of Cthulhu is a great way to dodge the attacks, or using a mount like the Unicorn. Using a strong weapon like the Daedalus Stormbow or the Megashark were optimal. If you found them difficult, I'm not one to judge and I can understand why.
If you never knew about this, if you charge into the enemy at the right time with the shield of cthulhu, you can negate damage completely.

If you never knew about this, if you charge into the enemy at the right time with the shield of cthulhu, you can negate damage completely.
I am well aware of the potential of the SoC. You can even use it to increase DPS dramatically in early game when used in tandem with other weapons.

Back
Top Bottom