How to turn off hard mode?

Kyosji

Terrarian
I accidentally turned on what I guess is hard mode. I was cleaning out my inventory in hell to keep gathering, and I dropped the voodoo doll in the lava. I didn't know this was activation till I read up on what the heck was happening to my map. So I killed the wall of flesh, and now I can't survive 80% of the things going on on my map anymore.

As stated above. There's no legitimate way in-game to revert a World from Hardmode to Normal mode. Only way would be if you have a backup save file of before your World entered Hardmode.

For tips on surviving, I'd recommend 1st breaking demon altars, and then mining in the Underground layer for Cobalt/Palladium Ore which will help give you access to higher tier ores and better armor/weapons for Hardmode.

The Underground (as long as it's not hallowed/Corrupted) is the overall safest place to be when Hardmode starts. The only new enemy to worry about there is the Toxic Sludge which isn't significantly threatening. After getting Colbalt/Palladium and upgrading from there, it will get gradually easier to survive the new enemies everywhere.

You can also visit the Underworld which doesn't have any new HM enemies (until you beat later bosses) but it is mostly later tier ores on the underworld ceiling that can't be mined yet. Overall it is still good for farming mimics and the Hel-Fire yoyo as an option however which is a strong yoyo that will make it easier to do reliable damage.

Well, I looked into a map editor, and I'm ashamed to say that instead I decided to give myself some fun perks to just deal with Hard Mode instead. I still die, but it takes longer, but I'm having fun. Kinda disappointed I built something better than what I spent 40+ hours on in 10 minutes lol

Hardmode seens tough at first, but it's worth it. If you don't care about corruption/crimson/hallow (which now spreads), break some demon/crimson altars with the new hammer the WOF dropped. The ores will get you places.

I didn't know it spread. I smashed a heck of a lot of alters. Haven't found any of the ore for the stuff it lists.

Back
Top Bottom