PC How (When?) can I get Terraria functioning on a 3-monitor setup (1.3.5)

TobiasAmaranth

Terrarian
I want to take advantage of my 3 monitor computer setup. Currently, if I try to expand Terraria across my montiors, it just resizes itself back to 1080 and ignores me. I heard something recently about support for '4k', etc, and I am aware of a project that worked with 3-monitor setups for OLDER versions, but what can I do right here, right now, for 1.3.5?

Terraria is not currently intended to function while displaying on multiple monitors. While it may have been possible in the past, that wasn't "intended" functionality so much as an oversight at the time. The game simply isn't meant to function at some extreme aspect ratios, such as spread across 3 monitors at once.

4k support was to improve the ability for the game to function on individual higher resolution monitors, but this doesn't extend to multiple monitor support.

Okay, I understand if it isn't intended to, but it's something that shouldn't be a limitation really. I mean, the UI stuff being offscreen instead of centered is an unfortunate aspect of it, but there's already so few games that can benefit from impressive setups like this, and it would be nice to actually get to take advantage of such things.

That said, I get that it's low priority since there's maybe a dozen or two people that could even take advantage of it, but I'd take 'not supported but yet possible' over 'impossible' any day.

Back
Top Bottom