PC Howdy! Been a while :> (Casual thread)

Which biome do you prefer?

• Corruption

• Crimson

Results are only viewable after voting.

prototype464

Terrarian
It is I, Proto! I haven't exactly posted or been active on the Terraria Forums in forever. All I can remember is last time I was active, Terraria Forums was actually "Terraria Online".

I've got 400 hours on PC and God knows how much on Xbox 360, haven't been very active due to interest in other games, but recently I've come back to Terraria.

Something about the building style I find really enjoyable and relaxing, I'm currently rebuilding my castle from Xbox 360 (It's always been named Diranalt Castle) and came across some old screenshots of it on Xbox 360 after the world got corrupted during that infamous console update that corrupted half of everyone's worlds.

Gonna be that guy that compares Terraria to Minecraft a bit, even though I think the two games are excellent sandboxes on their own and are much different than eachother. Minecraft's building style, due to it being 3D and having bigger voxels, requires more thought and creativity Imo to make things actually look good.

Terraria on the other hand, having smaller voxels, being 2D, and allowing slanted edges, makes it much easier to build great-looking things. I've always loved that about this game. The combat is fun and has little to no bugs (I've never really seen any bugs in combat), and the community ain't that bad. At least, there isn't a divide as far as I know. (Minecraft old vs. new combat systems have the entire community split, I prefer new combat myself :3)

This thread is just meant to be a sort of casual kind of thing, and I'm very fond of this game. The lack of updates recently I'm sure hasn't helped it all that much, but seeing as there is hype around 1.4 or whatever coming up, that should be pretty nice.

Oh, and if anyone wants a hardcore nostalgia trip, here's old Terraria, PaperBatVG meeting with Blue, a Terraria dev!

Last edited:
Thanks! :D

Deciding to write this in a 2nd post on the same thread for sake of reading.

I started writing a book (The Story of Lord Proto) on Terraria Online, and then moved it to private Word Documents. I got 2 chapters in about 4 years ago, and then officially decided to make it a book in the long run and am now at chapter 13, 4 years later. Writer's block really limits creativity when literally writing a novel.

It's a story about a guy named Proto who gets banished to a far away set of islands and must survive on his own. He meets other characters along the way, and yes, finishes his castle he had in mind :) It's heavily inspired off of Terraria, and won't be finished for a long time.

I haven't really had anyone to give opinions on it, but I'm currently revising it from chapter 1 to fix grammatical errors and misuse of words (for example, calling the evil bad guy "person" instead of "man" in the beginning like who the heck does that

Glad to be back!

Hello Lord Proto, and welcome back to the Forums.

We generally don't permit threads permitted to one's self as there isn't a lot that can be done for having a general Terraria discussion if the topic is about an individual rather than about something relating to the game itself.

We do permit members to have 1 introduction Thread about themselves in this section: Introductions I see you have not created an introduction thread yet, so this Thread could instead be moved to the introduction section to serve for your own introduction thread. If you would like this to be your introduction thread, you can reply and let me know here, or send a PM.

Aside from that however, information pertaining to one's self is best posted on your own profile. Otherwise we will have to lock this Thread.

Welcome back to the game and forums! I myself never really played the console versions of Terraria but building structures in the game is always something that fascinated me, especially with the current lack of a creative mode.

Back
Top Bottom