PC I Can't Connect To My Friend's Server But He Can Connect To Me.

PizzaBiteGaming

Terrarian
Lately, I have been having troubles connecting to a friend of mine's server via steam however he is able to connect to me.
We tried verifying the game files and restarting Terraria and our computers but nothing helps to allow me to connect.
I keep on getting stuck to the 'Connecting To' screen so I'd appreciate if someone would know how to help us.

This is a silly answer, but I figured I'd share anyway, because I had this very same issue in multiplayer when 1.4 was released.
  1. Be sure that you/ your buddy are set to "online status" via Steam App, because Steam will often block the connection if your status is set to "hidden".
  2. Be sure that whomever is hosting the server is actually selecting "Host & Play" & isn't choosing a single player option (trust me, it happens)!
  3. Sometimes it's best to "send an invite" through messenger (Shift+Tab while in-game). "Join via Steam" isn't always reliable, so if you're still having issue connecting, this is yet another method to try.
  4. Sometimes trying to Host a game may be blocked by Steam updates, so try closing Terraria & restarting the game or quitting Multiplayer & returning to the man menu, then starting a new room.
  5. Sometimes none of these options work for various reasons, maybe a players firewall is acting up, perhaps there's a stability issue that your PC isn't warning you about & if that's the case, Hosting an independent server is also an option. This comes with it's own set of independent problems admittedly, but if all-else-fails, it's still an option.
Hope this helps & good luck! 😅🥤

Back
Top Bottom