tModLoader I have a compile error

How_to_LoL_u

Terrarian
Hey I have a problem.

I am making a mod and I am trying to setup visual studio so that I can use the edit and continue feature, although
when I try compiling the mod in visual studio, I end up getting an error:
The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common/Terraria/tModLoaderServer.exe" -build "C:\Users\NAME\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MOD\/" -eac "C:\Users\NAME\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MOD\bin\x86\Debug\MOD.dll"" exited with code 1.

It sounds like the mod loader is throwing an error, so I opened up a command prompt and typed in my post build command for my mod myself and got this output:
Reading Properties:
Reading Properties:
Loading pre-compiled Windows.dll with edit and continue support
Compiling for Mono...
An error ocurred while compiling a mod.

It is likely that you didn't install correctly. Make sure you installed the ModCompile folder as well.

error CS2021: File name 'C:\Users\NAME\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mods\compile_temp\.dll' is too long or invalid

It seems like the program is looking for an invalid dll file, but I don't see an option to change that.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Okay, I looked through some of the tmodloader code for a while, and found the issue in there.
So where do I go from there.

EDIT: Here is where I found it, line 410 at the modcompile.cs github page, the dllRef variable is never declared before it is used, thus the error

Last edited:
hey when i try to compile my mod in the tmodloader it comes up with a error saying i need to add a reference what does it mean

Back
Top Bottom